is one of the most unique things that every person has. Fingerprint sensor captures the image of the finger and compares pre-defined specific features of the fingerprint. This includes include ridges and bifurcations on the fingers and compares the same to the fingerprint on the record. If maximum of the parameters match then the print is approved or else rejected. Thus the technology is being used in the market as a security feature and authorization.
Fingerprint scanners are being used for multiple applications such as offices, banks, healthcare facilities, homes and manufacturing centres. The adoption of this technology started from laptops or desktops but the adoption witnessed a decline owing to problems faced by the users. However, the revival in the industry came when smartphone manufacturers such as Apple, Inc. released their products with this technology.
This report identifies the global fingerprint sensor market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to fingerprint sensor market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the global fingerprint sensor market, and is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to higher number of mobile, laptop, and tablet users. Smartphone segment is estimated to have the highest growth 2016 and 2022.This report segments global fingerprint sensor market on the basis of type, industry, application and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the fingerprint sensor market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Fingerprint sensor market is also categorised on the basis of types of fingerprint sensors: Capacitive Sensor, Optical Sensor, Thermal Sensor, Pressure Sensor, RF Sensor, Ultrasonic Sensor and Others
- On the basis of end-use industry fingerprint sensor market is categorised as: Defense, Retail, Education, Healthcare, Financial, Government and Others
- On the basis of end-use applications global fingerprint sensor market is segmented as: Smartphones, Wearable Devices, Tablets, Gaming Consoles and Other Applications
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for fingerprints sensors in each of the region.
- Siemens AG
- Alps Electric
- Himax Technologies
- Seiko Espon Corporation
- Fujitsu Technology Solutions
- Sony Corporation