are a specific version of a photodiode that detects the current ambient light level. There are different types of light sensors, such as photoresistors, photodiodes, and phototransistor. Globally demand for light sensors is being driven by its increasing usage owing to growing implementation of light sensors to perform certain functions in consumer electronics such as smartphones and tablets, in the automotive sector, smart homes, and outdoor lighting.
This report identifies the global light sensor market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to light sensors market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the global light sensors market, and is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to higher number of mobile, laptop, and tablet users. Consumer electronics had the largest market in 2015 among all application, whereas the automotive application is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America and Europe as the second and third largest regional market for light sensors.This report segments global light sensors market on the basis of function, output, integration, application and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the Light Sensors market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- On the basis of functions performed by light sensors, this report on global light sensors market is segmented as: Ambient Light Sensing, Proximity Detection, RGB Color Sensing, Gesture Recognition, and UV/Infrared Light (IR) Detection
- The light sensors market is also segmented by output of light sensors as follow: Analog and Digital
- The light sensors market is also segmented by integration of light sensors as follow: Discrete and Combination
- The report is also segmented on the basis of end-use industry in which light sensors are being used as follow: Consumer Electronics, Automotive, Industrial, Home Automation, Healthcare, Entertainment and Security
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets for light sensors in each of the region.
- Siemens AG
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Baldor Electric Company
- Regal Beloit Corporation
- Kirloskar Electric Company