Solid state drive
is a solid-state storage device used to store data persistently, using integrated circuit assemblies as memory. Solid state drive are more durable, reliable, and efficient than HDDs. There are no moving parts in solid state drive; hence risk of mechanical failure is reduced. It also transfers data at high speed. Globally demand for solid state drive is being driven by increasing number of data centers being built and proliferation of cloud computing. The key challenged faced by solid state drive market is inconsistency of low-rate latency.
This report identifies the global solid state drive market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to solid state drive market.
Geographically, North America dominated the global solid state drive market, owing to higher number of notebooks, laptop, and tablet users. In addition, the replacement rate of traditional hard disk drives to solid state drive is higher in North America. Data centers are the fastest growing application of solid state drive. This report segments global solid State Drive market on the basis of interface, capacity, end-user, application and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the solid state drive market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Global Solid State Drive Market, By Interface (2014-2021): SATA, SAS, and PCIE
- The solid state drive market is also segmented by capacity of solid state drive as follow: <250 GB, 250 GB to <500 GB, 500 GB to <750 GB, and >750 GB
- The solid state drive market is also segmented by end-user of solid state drive as follow: Enterprise, and Client
- The report is also segmented on the basis of application in which solid state drive are being used as follow: Desktop PCS, Notebooks/Laptops, Tablets, Data Centers, Entertainment Devices, Video Storage, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Intel Corp.
- Micron Technology Inc.
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Sandisk Corp.
- Toshiba Corp.