refers to the technique of administering drugs to a patient via needle or catheters. This is usually done when the patient is not in a condition to be able to respond to oral medication. Home Infusion Therapy is when such a technique is adopted at home.
The benefit of cost containment when compared to in-patient treatment is one of the major factors driving the growth of the home infusion therapy market. Technological advances are also another factor impacting the home infusion therapy market. Wireless infusion pumps with remote programmability ensure that healthcare professionals can closely monitor their patients. Innovations in products and initiatives to increase safety levels of home infusion therapy are also bolstering the demand for this market. Increasing incidences of chronic disorders and hospital-acquired diseases are making people opt for home infusion therapies. The world is witnessing a significant increase in geriatric population, especially in developed nations and this is expected to further the home infusion therapy market.The Home Infusion Therapy Market can be segmented as
- on the basis of product
- Infusion pumps, intravenous sets, needleless connectors, IV cannulas, and Others
- Infusion pumps have been further segmented into
- Enteral infusion pump, Volumetric infusion pump, Insulin infusion pump, Patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) infusion pump, Syringe infusion pump, Ambulatory infusion pump, and Implantable infusion pump
- In terms of applications
- Chemotherapy, Specialty Pharmaceuticals, Pain Management, Enteral Nutrition, Parenteral Nutrition, Hydration Therapy, Anti-infective and Others
While all regions are expected to exhibit a healthy double digit growth rate, North America accounts for the largest share of the market and Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate till the end of the forecast period considered in this report. Japan has the largest geriatric population in the Asia Pacific region and in countries like India and China; the healthcare infrastructure is currently undergoing significant development.
- By Geography
- North America, South America, APAC, Europe, Middle East and Africa
There are a limited number of players in this market, but it is still highly competitive with companies focusing on new product launches regularly.
Following are just a few of the companies that are operating in the Home Infusion Therapy Market:
- Smith’s Medical
- CareFusion Corporation
- Baxter, Inc.,
- Caesarea Medical Electronics
- ICU Medical Inc.