RADAR or Radio Detection and Ranging
, a term created by the U.S. Navy, is a device that is used to detect the presence of an object within a certain range. It uses radio waves to detect the position of objects. A typical radar comprises a transmitter, an emitting and receiving antenna, and a receiver. With increasing security concerns permeating a range of applications, the uses of radar have only multiplied. With countries developing and testing advanced weapons and missiles, it is extremely vital to be able to detect such attacks. Increasing tensions between countries and especially those having common borders need to be able to detect potential intrusions as well. While initially used predominantly for military and defense purposes, radars are now also being used in the automotive industry, weather monitoring, ocean surveillance and several more. RADAR systems are also used in anti collision systems for aircrafts and air traffic control systems as well.
Increasing budgets being allocated for defense purposes is a factor adding to the growth of this market. Developing economies are focusing on modernization of their military forces and this is driving the growth of the radar market
in those regions.
Adverse climatic conditions can impact the performance of radars and this factor is hindering the growth of the market. However with rapid technological advancements underway across various research laboratories, the impact of this factor is likely to reduce in the near future.The Radar Market can be segmented as
- on the basis of range
- X-band, S-band, HF-Band, VHF-Band, UHF-Band and Others
- on the basis of type
- Continuous Waveform, Pulse Waveform
- In terms of applications
- Military, Automotive Air Traffic Control, Aerospace and Defense, Anti-missile Systems, Surveillance Systems, Aircraft Anti-collision Systems, and Others
- Surveillance systems are further classified into
- Land surveillance, Ocean surveillance, Space surveillance and other surveillance
North America currently accounts for the largest share of the radar market followed by Europe. Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate in the global radar market till the end of the forecast period considered in this report.
Sample Companies profiled in this Report are:
- By Geography
- North America, South America, APAC, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.,
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- BAE Systems.