The semiconductor market
is one of the oldest and highest revenue generating markets in the world today. The market is worth more than 300 billion dollars and will continue to grow till well beyond the forecast period. This is easy to understand since every invention or creation in the manufacturing, industrial healthcare industry and so on has always relied on the innovations that have taken place in the semiconductor industry. The industry has always worked with silicon as the base material for all semiconductor components. For the longest time, silicon has proven to be a useful material for the semiconductor market, however, with new semiconductor processes and demand for more efficient semiconductor processes, there has been a need for another substrate material which could address the demand from the market. Silicon carbide is now being used in the semiconductor industry albeit in small quantities in comparison to silicon as the base material.
The companies operating in this market will be looking at not just being able to provide Silicon Carbide (SiC) Semiconductor Materials for their current product facilities but will be looking at expanding their facilities, which will be solely dedicated to the production of silicon carbide over the forecast period. As such, the APAC region will continue to be the leading contributor to the market as the new installation and capacity expansion will happen within the current facilities all of which are located within the APAC region. The market will witness vendors experimenting with many more materials, however, silicon carbide will be the first to be commercialized on a large scale within the forecast period.The Silicon Carbide (SiC) Semiconductor Materials and Devices Market can be segmented as
Following are just a few of the companies that are operating in the Silicon Carbide (SiC) Semiconductor Materials and Devices market.
- on the basis of technology
- 2h-SIC Semiconductors, 3c-SIC Semiconductors, 3c- SIC Growth in Hexagonal SIC Substrates, 3c-SIC Growth on Si Substrates, 4h-SIC Semiconductors, 6h-SIC Semiconductors, Iv-Iv Silicon Carbide Semiconductor and Iii-V SIC Semiconductors
- on the basis of product
- SIC Power Semiconductors, SIC Power Semiconductor Devices SIC Power Diode Nodes); By Application (Automotive, Aerospace and Defense, Computers, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Healthcare, Power Sector, Railways and Solar
- By Geography
- North America, South America, APAC, Europe, Middle East and Africa
- Cree Incorporated
- Fairchild Semiconductor International Inc.,
- Genesic Semiconductor Inc.,
- Norstel AB
- STMicroelectronics N.V