Modern day electronics depend on the developments and the research, which goes into the manufacturing process of these electronics. The electronic components manufactured also play a pivotal role in the overall size and shape of the final product. In this regard, the development of Three-dimensional Integrated Circuit (3D IC Chip) and Through-Silicon Via (TSV) Interconnects has allowed device manufacturers to devise consumer electronic devices in a multitude of form factors whilst still ensuring the performance of the system is not affected by the size of the device itself. 3D IC packaging allows for more if not the same level of electronics to be integrated without any compromise on the form factor. In terms of revenue generation, the market is still very much in the early stages and can expect to see a considerable increase in adoption and revenue generation by the end of the forecast period. All the major semiconductor companies have already invested in 3D IC technology as well as in R&D of the same, which indicates the promise, which the technology has in the coming years. Companies operating in this market believe that the return on investment in this market will take place by the end of the forecast period.
In terms of regional contribution, the APAC region will continue to contribute the highest to the region till well beyond the forecast period. The current semiconductor suppliers will be the same organizations that will expand onto 3D IC technology. The Three-dimensional Integrated Circuit (3D IC Chip) and Through-Silicon Via (TSV) Interconnects Market can be segmented as
- on the basis of technology
- Silicon on insulator and bulk silicon
- In terms of bonding technique
- Adhesive bonding Die to Die, Die to wafer, Direct bonding, Metallic bonding and Wafer to wafer
- In terms of process realization
- Via first, Via middle and Via last
- In terms of fabrication technology
- Beam Recrystallization, Wafer Bonding, Silicon Epitaxial Growth, Solid Phase Crystallization
- In terms of product
- Memories, light emitting diodes, sensors, power and analog components, micro electro mechanical systems, and others
- By Geography
- North America, South America, APAC, Europe, Middle East and Africa
Following are just a few of the companies that are operating in the Three-dimensional Integrated Circuit (3D IC Chip) and Through-Silicon Via (TSV) Interconnects Market.
- Amkor Technology,
- Elpida Memory Inc.,
- Intel Corporation ,
- Micron Technology Inc.,
- Monolithic 3d Inc.,
- Renesas Electronics Corporation .