Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency (EPI)
is a condition leading to inability to digest food properly, a condition called maldigestion, because of deficiency of exocrine pancreatic enzymes. Globally, growing incidences of diseases such as cystic fibrosis, chronic pancreatitis and diabetes, rise in the number of people suffering from diabetes, and increasing demands of advanced therapeutics are the prime growth drivers of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market. In addition, emergence of New Chemical Entities (NCEs) in various phases of clinical trials in the global market and prevalence of diabetes in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market. However, higher cost of the research and development, and stringent government regulations for the approval of Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement Therapy (PERT) products are the key restraints for exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market.
This report identifies the global exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market.
Geographically, North America dominated the exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market, and is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly growing incidences of exocrine pancreatic insufficiency and other causative diseases such as Cystic Fibrosis (CF) and Chronic Pancreatitis (CP) in the U.S. in this region. Among all the diagnostic tests, Computerized Tomography (CT) scanning has the highest market share in exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market.This report segments exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market on the basis of disease management, diagnostic test, and regional market as follows:
- Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Market, By Disease Management: Nutritional management, Pancreatic enzyme replacement therapy (PERT), Life style modifications approach, and Phase III Drugs
- Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency Market, By Diagnostic Test: Blood Tests, Endoscopic Ultra-sonography (EUS), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), CT Scanning, and Other
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the exocrine pancreatic insufficiency market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Nordmark Arzneimittel GmbH & Co. KG
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- AzurRx BioPharma, Inc.
- Anthera Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Digestive Care, Inc.