Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Retinitis
is caused by a herpes-type virus, cytomegalovirus infection that affects the retina of the human eye among patients having a weak immune system. Globally, growing awareness among people for different types of eye diseases, rise in the incidences of HIV infection and cytomegalovirus retinitis cases, and increasing government initiative for healthcare infrastructure and enhancement of healthcare facilities are the prime growth drivers of global biosensors market. In addition, increase in cases of Cytomegalovirus Retinitis, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global biosensors market. However, higher cost of the research and development, risk of drug resistance, increase in anti-HIV medications, which prevent occurrence of this disease, and lack of healthcare insurance are the key restraints for global biosensors market.
This report identifies the global biosensors market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global biosensors market.
Geographically North America dominated global biosensors market, and Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population, awareness among people for various types of eye diseases, and high prevalence rates for immunodeficiency diseases in this region. Among all the treatment, anti-CMV Oral Ganciclovir has the highest market share in global biosensors market.This report segments global biosensors market on the basis of drugs, treatment, route of administration, dosage form, and regional market as follows:
- Cytomegalovirus Retinitis Market, By Drug: Foscarnet, Ganciclovir, Cidofovir, Fomivirsen, and Others
- Cytomegalovirus Retinitis Market, By Treatment: Anti-CMV Oral Ganciclovir, Anti-CMV Intravenous Drug Therapy, Anti-CMV Intraocular (local), Anti-HIV Systemic, and Retinal Detachment Through Vitrectomy
- Cytomegalovirus Retinitis Market, By Route of Administration: Systemic, and Ocular
- The report has focused study on biosensors market by basis of dosage form such as: Capsule, Implant, Solution, Tablet, and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the biosensors market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Bausch & Lomb Incorporated
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- F. Hoffman La-Roche Ltd.
- Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.