is a disease which disrupts an individual thought, emotions, behavior and even perceptions. The disease, begins at late teens or early adulthood (around twenties), disrupts functioning of a brain. Medically, Schizophrenia is characterized by a bunch of diseases and its symptoms could be overlapping. Treatments are done at both medical and psychosocial level while in severe cases hospitalization is also required. While early intervention programs will definitely reduce the risk of Schizophrenia, it is said that a lifelong treatment is required even when the symptoms subsidizes.
Efforts by a psychologist, social worker, psychiatric nurse and a case manager to coordinate care have proved to be beneficial for treating Schizophrenia. In addition, medications including antidepressants or anti-anxiety drugs are also helpful. However, it is argued that there is a higher level of risk of side effects with antipsychotic medications which are required to cure signs and symptoms with minimal dosage. The consequence may result in the possibility of developing a movement disorder (tardive dyskinesia) that may or may not be reversible. As a result, patients are reluctant to take such medications.
To overcome this, researchers have developed a new generation of medications which they claim lowers the risk of side effects. The Schizophrenia disorder treatment market
is classified on the basis of following remedies: Individual therapy, Social skills training, Family therapy and Vocational rehabilitation and supported employment.
The Unites States is the largest market in terms of sales for Schizophrenia in 2016, followed by Japan and the European Union (EU). Major drug manufacturers have clustered around North America, particularly in the United States, thereby driving sales in this region. The total sales of drugs for Schizophrenia are expected to rise supported by the fact that people are getting more familiar with this disease and are taking precautions at an early stage.
The Schizophrenia market report has been analyzed and segmented into the following types based on various factors like:
- By Type: Schizophrenia Disorder, Asperger Syndrome, Pervasive Developmental Disorder, Others
- By Market Approach: Behavioral Approaches, Early Intervention, Medication, Dietary Approach, Others
- By Remedies: Individual Remedies, Social Skills Training, Family Therapy, Others
- By Geography: This report has been further segmented into major regions which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America (United States, Canada and Mexico), Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain and Russia), Asia-Pacific (India, China, South Korea and Japan), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
Some of the key players treating Schizophrenia disorder are:
- Minerva Neurosciences (US)
- PROMENTIS (US)
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company (US)
- AVINEURO PHARMACEUTICALS