is a relatively new field and is witnessing strong growth especially into marine bio-medicine including pharmaceuticals discovery, materials technology, bio remediation, marine biomedical model organism, genomics, bioinformatics and molecular genetics. The major growth factor driving marine biotechnology is discipline being clearly derived from the enormous biodiversity and genetic life in sea. The marine environment is a rich source of both chemical and biological diversity. This diversity consists of compound with the potential for industrial development as cosmetics, nutritional supplements, pharmaceuticals, molecular probes, enzymes, fine chemicals, and agrichemicals. Growing demand from agriculture and pharmaceutical sector is expected to be prime growth factors during the period of study.
Geographically North America dominated marine biotechnology market
due to US being home to the developed marine research centers specializing in marine bio technology. Healthcare or biotechnology constitutes largest end-use segment for marine biology. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest markets for marine biotechnology. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth due to growing interest of major market players in the region to tap their business potential in the region.
This report identifies the global marine biotechnology market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global marine biotechnology market.This report segments marine biotechnology market on the basis of source, technology, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the marine biotechnology market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Marine Biotechnology Market, By Source: Marine fungi, Micro algae, Macro algae, Corals and sponges, Marine viruses
- Marine Biotechnology Market, By Technology: Enrichment, isolation and cultivation of microorganisms, Culture-independent techniques, Large scale implementation
- Marine Biotechnology Market, By Application: Food & feed, Energy, Biomaterials, industrial products and processes, Environment, Health and well-being
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- New England Biolabs Inc.
- PML Applications Ltd.
- Sea Run Holdings Inc.
- Tequesta Marine Biosciences