Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
is a medical diagnostic technique in which nuclear medicine imaging procedure is used to identify certain disease conditions by monitor various internal body organs and tissues. Globally, increasing demand for effective diagnostic techniques across the globe, growing Medicare coverage for positron emission tomography scanning, growing investment by government bodies, rapidly increasing aging population, rising awareness among people, and development and availability of technologically advanced PET machines are the prime growth drivers of global positron emission tomography market. In addition, increase in adoption of positron emission tomography for application in emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global positron emission tomography market. However, higher initial investment, low supply of radiopharmaceuticals, and risk of a short half life are the key restraints for global positron emission tomography market.
Geographically North America dominated global positron emission tomography market and is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population, high healthcare facilities and expenditure, technological advancement, rise in consumer awareness, favourable government policies, and modernization of healthcare infrastructure in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end-user, hospital segment has the highest market share in global positron emission tomography market. Full Ring Positron Emission Tomography Scanners are the market leaders in all types of positron emission tomography.
This report identifies the global positron emission tomography market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global positron emission tomography market.This report segments global positron emission tomography market on the basis of type, delivery detector type, application, end-user and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the positron emission tomography market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Positron Emission Tomography Market, By Type: Full Ring Positron Emission Tomography Scanners, and Partial Ring Positron Emission Tomography Scanners
- Positron Emission Tomography Market, By Detector Type: Bismuth Germanium Oxide (BGO), Lutetium Oxyorthosilicate (LSO), Gadolinium Oxyorthosilicate (GSO), Lutetium Fine Silicate (LFS), and Lutetium Yttrium Orthosilicate
- Positron Emission Tomography Market, By Application: Oncology, Cardiology, Neurology, and Others
- The report has focused study on positron emission tomography market by basis of end-user such as: Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres, PET Centres, and Research Institutes
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Yangzhou Kindsway Biotech Co. Ltd.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- General Electric Co.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Siemens AG