Building information modeling (BIM) can be defined as the development and use of computer-generated n-dimensional (n-D) models to control, simulate plan, design, construction, and operation of a facility. Building information modeling (BIM) is viewed as the next generation process in the construction industry and is useful for designing buildings and managing the project data for crucial decisions to be taken. Building information modeling also helps reduce costs, save time, and improve the speed of the process. BIM is emerging in developed and developing countries with a relatively lower turnaround time in developing countries as the building information modeling software are expensive. Government regulations and increasing need for optimizing the process is expected to be the crucial factors for the growth of the BIM software during the period of study.
Geographically North America is expected to account for the largest share of the overall building information modeling market in 2016 due to higher usage of technologies in various construction practices. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for building information modeling. The market in Asia-Pacific is expected to grow at the highest rate, due to fast growing construction industry in major economies like India and China with several mega projects are lined up and adoption of technology and western practices to make construction structures more strong and reliable and increase its lifetime.
This report identifies the global building information modeling market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global building information modeling market.
This report segments global building information modeling market on the basis of type, vertical, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Building Information Modeling Market, By Type: Software and Service
- Building Information Modeling Market, By Vertical: Commercial, Residential, Educational, Healthcare, Industrial, Entertainment, Sports and Others
- Building Information Modeling Market, By End-User: Construction Managers/General Contractors, Architects, Owners, Engineers and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the building information modeling market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Autodesk, Inc.
- Nemetschek Ag
- Bentley Systems, Inc.
- Trimble Navigation Ltd
- Asite Solutions Ltd.
1. Building Information Modeling Market – Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Building Information Modeling Market– Market Forces
4.1.1. Optimized Project Performance and Increased Productivity
4.1.2. Government Mandates for the Usage of BIM in Various Developed Countries
4.2.1. Higher costs for BIM software
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Building Information Modeling Market– Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Building Information Modeling Market, By Type
7. Building Information Modeling Market, By Vertical
8. Building Information Modeling Market, By End-User
8.1. Construction Managers/General Contractors
9. Building Information Modeling Market, By Geography
9.1.7. Rest of Europe
9.2. Asia Pacific
9.2.4. South Korea
9.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3. North America
9.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
9.4.2. Rest of RoW
10. Building Information Modeling – Market Entropy
10.2. Technological Developments
10.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
10.4. Supply- Contract
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
11.1. Autodesk, Inc.
11.2. Nemetschek Ag
11.3. Bentley Systems, Inc.
11.4. Trimble Navigation Ltd
11.5. Asite Solutions Ltd.
11.6. Dassault Systemes S.A.
11.7. Archidata Inc
11.8. Beck Technology, Ltd.
11.9. Design Data
11.10. Robert Mcneel & Associates
11.11. Cadsoft Corporation
11.12. Solibri, Inc.
*More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights