Electric wheelchairs, also often called as power chairs or electric power wheelchairs, and battery operated wheelchairs are for differently abled and senior citizens. Electric wheel chairs do not require any human assistance for mobility as they are powered by battery. The most obvious advantage of an electric wheelchair is that it is user friendly and convenient and very useful for those unable to use a manual wheelchair or those who may want to use a wheelchair for travelling longer distances, and in such a case, using a manual wheelchair is very difficult. Globally, a growing elderly population is one of the key growth drivers for the electric wheel chairs during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the electric wheel chair market driven by the government’s initiative to provide medical insurance to people over age of 65 and helping them to get medical facilities at subsidized rates, high purchasing power, increasing elderly population and consumer awareness and inclination towards more sophisticated technology has driven the progress of electric wheelchair market in this region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the electric wheel chair market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth due to a gradual increase in consumer awareness and development of medical facilities, increased spending on healthcare and growing medical tourism in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the Electric wheel chair market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the Electric wheel chair market.
This report segments the Electric wheel chair market on the basis of type and regional market as follows:
- Electric wheel chair market research report is classified on the basis of type. Some of the major types covered in this report are as follows: Centre Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair, Front Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair, Standing Electric Wheelchair, Rear Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies profiled in this Report are:
- OttoBock Healthcare GmbH
- Pride Mobility Products Corp.
- Sunrise Medical Limited
- Medical Depot, Inc.
- GF HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC.
1. Electric wheel chair Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Electric wheel chair Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Electric wheel chair Market– Forces
4.1.1. Growing population of elderly citizens
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Electric wheel chair Market– Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Electric wheel chair Market, By Type
6.1. Centre Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair
6.2. Front Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair
6.3. Standing Electric Wheelchair
6.4. Rear Wheel Drive Electric Wheelchair
7. Electric wheel chair Market, By Geography
7.1.7. Rest of Europe
7.2. Asia Pacific
7.2.4. South Korea
7.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3. North America
7.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
7.4.2. Rest of RoW
8. Electric wheel chair Market – Entropy
8.2. Technological Developments
8.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
8.4. Supply- Contract
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
9.1. OttoBock Healthcare GmbH
9.2. Invacare Corp.
9.3. Pride Mobility Products Corp.
9.4. Permobil AB
9.5. Sunrise Medical Limited
9.6. Hoveround Corporation
9.7. LEVO AG
9.8. Invacare Corp.
9.9. MEYRA GmbH
9.10. Medical Depot, Inc.
9.11. GF HEALTH PRODUCTS, INC
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
10.3. Research Methodology
10.5. Compilation of Expert Insights