also referred to as lab-on-chip or micrototal analysis assisting in biological and chemical analysis, is a technology in the healthcare application that deals with the study of flow of liquids through microscopic channels. It is characterized by control and manipulation of fluids at sub-millimeter scale. Microfluidcs involve design, manufacture and formulation of devices and processes dealing with extremely low volume of fluid and help in improved control of laboratory handling, analytical techniques and processing. Globally, advancements in proteomics and genomics field are expected to boost the growth of the microfluidics market during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the microfluidics market driven by higher usage of advanced technological diagnostic materials in its best in class healthcare industry. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest market for microfluidics market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly developing healthcare infrastructure, increasing medical tourism and increasing spending by citizens for healthcare in developing nations such as China and India in this region.
This report identifies the microfluidics market
size for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the microfluidics market.This report segments the microfluidics market on the basis of material, applications and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the microfluidics market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Microfluidics market research report is classified on the basis of material. Some of the major materials covered in this report are as follows: Polymer Based Microfluidics, Glass Based Microfluidics and Silicon Based Microfluidics.
- Microfluidics market research report is classified on the basis of application. Some of the major applications covered in this report are as follows: Pharmaceutical (Lab Analytics, Microdispencing, Microreaction), in vitro Diagnostic (Point of Care testing, Clinical Diagnostics, Environmental Testing, Industrial Testing, Agro food testing) Drug Delivery (Inhaler, Micropump, Microneedles ).
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Perkinelmer, Inc
- Agilent Technologies, Inc