Smart weapon can be defined as a guided munition equipped with a laser, television, or satellite guidance system intended to precisely hit a specific target, and to minimize collateral damage. Such weapons use guidance systems that rely on external assistance, are distinguished from brilliant weapons, which are totally self-guided. Globally, changing warfare tactics and rising need for precision munitions are expected to remain the key growth drivers for the smart weapons during the period of study.
Geographically, North America dominated the smart weapon market driven by higher defense budget and high spending on up gradation of its weapons technology. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as second and third largest market for the smart weapon market. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth due to increasing defense budget of major economies like India and China to protect its borders from terrorism and intrusion activities in the region.
This report identifies the smart weapon market size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2022. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the smart weapon market.
This report segments the smart weapon market on the basis of product type, platform, technology and regional market as follows:
- Smart weapon market research report is classified on the basis of product type. Some of the major product types covered in this report are as follows: Missiles, Munitions, Guided Projectile, Guided Rocket, Guided Firearms
- Smart weapon market research report is classified on the basis of platform. Some of the major platforms covered in this report are as follows: Air, Land, Naval
- Smart weapon market research report is classified on the basis of technology. Some of the major technologies covered in this report are as follows: Laser, Infrared, Radar, GPS, Others)
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the smart weapon market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Raytheon Company
- MBDA, Inc.
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Orbital ATK
1. Smart weapon Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Smart weapon Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Smart weapon Market– Forces
4.1.1. Rising Need for Precision Munitions
4.1.2. Reducing Logistics Burden
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Smart weapon Market– Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Smart weapon Market, By Product Type
6.3. Guided Projectile
6.4. Guided Rocket
6.5. Guided Firearms
7. Smart weapon Market, By Platform
8. Smart weapon Market, By Technology
9. Smart weapon Market, By Geography
9.1.7. Rest of Europe
9.2. Asia Pacific
9.2.4. South Korea
9.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3. North America
9.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
9.4.2. Rest of RoW
10. Smart weapon Market – Entropy
10.2. Technological Developments
10.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
10.4. Supply- Contract
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
11.1. Lockheed Martin Corporation
11.2. Raytheon Company
11.3. MBDA, Inc.
11.4. General Dynamics Corporation
11.5. Orbital ATK
11.6. BAE Systems, PLC.
11.7. The Boeing Company
11.8. L-3 Communications Holdings, Inc.
11.9. Thales Group
11.10. Textron Inc.
11.11. Rheinmetall Ag
*More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights