Digital substation is a combination of switchgear, transformers, substation automation, monitoring & diagnostics and the standard process bus which acts as backbone of smart grids and provide real time phasor measurement data increasingly required in order to control the power flow and keep the grid stable despite of the rapidly increasing share of intermittent renewable energy sources. Globally aging power distribution network and expansion of the power distribution network in developing nations is expected to remain key growth drivers for the digital substations during the period of study.
This report identifies the Digital Substation market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2022. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to Digital Substation market.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated the Digital Substation market owing expansion of the power distribution network in the major regional economies such as India and China as a part of infrastructural development in the rural part of nation. Asia-Pacific was followed by America and Europe as the second and third largest markets for digital substation. Also, Asia-Pacific is expected to remain the fastest growing market for digital substations during the period of study driven by several upcoming projects in the renewable and green energy sources and distribution network expansion in major regional economies.
This report segments Digital Substation market on the basis of module, type, voltage, industry and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of module this report on Digital Substation market is segmented as follows, covering all major modules in the digital substation as follows: Hardware, Fiber Optics Communication Network, SCADA
- This report on Digital Substation also covers in detail various types of digital substation, some of the major types covered in the report are integrated and standalone
- This report on Digital Substation also covers in detail types of digital substation, some of the major types covered in the report are Transmission Substations and Distribution Substations
- This report on Digital Substation also covers in detail voltage ratings of digital substation, some of the major voltage ratings covered in the report are Below 66kV Segment, 66kV–220kV Segment, 220kV–550kV Segment, Above 550kV Segment
- This report on Digital Substation also covers in detail various end user of digital substation, some of the major end users covered in the report are utility, mining, metal, oil & gas, transportation
- This report on digital substation has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Eaton Corp. PLC
- Emerson Electric Co.
- Honeywell International, Inc.
- Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
- Nr Electric Co., Ltd.
1. Digital Substation Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Digital Substation Market– Forces
4.1.1. Technological advancement in power distribution network
4.1.2. Aging power distribution network in major economies
4.2.1. High capital requirement
4.3.1. Increase investments in the Renewable Energy Projects
4.4.1. Increasing threats from cyber attackers
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Digital Substation Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers & Distributors
6. Digital Substation Market, By Module
6.1.3. Condition Monitoring Systems
6.1.4. Protection Devices
6.1.5. Circuit Breakers/Switchgears
6.2. Fiber Optics Communication Network
7. Digital Substation Market, By Type
7.1. Transmission Substations
7.2. Distribution Substations
8. Digital Substation Market, By Voltage
8.1. Below 66kV Segment
8.2. 66kV–220kV Segment
8.3. 220kV–550kV Segment
8.4. Above 550kV Segment
9. Digital Substation Market, By Industry
9.4. Oil & Gas
10. Digital Substation Market, By Geography
10.1.7. Rest of Europe
10.2. Asia Pacific
10.2.4. South Korea
10.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.3. North America
10.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
10.4.1. Middle East
10.4.2. South America
11. Digital Substation – Market Entropy
11.2. Technological Developments
11.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
11.4. Supply- Contract
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. ABB Ltd.
12.2. Siemens AG
12.3. Schneider Electric
12.4. General Electric
12.5. Cisco Systems, Inc.
12.6. Eaton Corp. PLC
12.7. Emerson Electric Co.
12.8. Honeywell International, Inc.
12.9. Larsen & Toubro Ltd.
12.10. Nr Electric Co., Ltd.
*More than 30 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights