Mycoplasma testing is the process of identifying contamination which can have adverse effects on cell line growth and characteristics. Such Contamination may occur as a result of contact with other previously infected cultures and can also be transferred by the cell culture technician or through the use of contaminated reagents. Mycoplasma testing and testing procedures minimizes the risk of contamination from these sources. Globally increasing R&D activities amongst bio tech and pharmaceutical companies is expected to remain key growth driver during the period of study.
This report identifies the mycoplasma testing market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2022. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to mycoplasma testing market.
Geographically North America dominated the mycoplasma testing market owing to presence of global bio tech companies and pharmaceutical players and higher investment into R& activities in the region. North America was followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific as the second and third largest markets for mycoplasma testing. However Asia-Pacific is expected to remain the fastest growing market during the period of study driven by economic developments, increasing presence of bio tech companies and growing government funding to support new product developments are the key factors driving the growth of market in developing regions.
This report segments mycoplasma testing market on the basis of product, technology, applications, end user and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of product this report on mycoplasma testing market is segmented as follows, covering all major products in the mycoplasma testing as follows: KITS & Reagents, Instruments and Services
- This report on mycoplasma testing also covers in detail various applications of mycoplasma testing, some of the major applications covered in the report are Cell Line Testing, Virus Testing, End of Production Cells Testing and Other Applications
- This report on mycoplasma testing also covers in detail various technologies of mycoplasma testing, some of the major technologies covered in the report are PCR, Elisa, Direct Assay, Indirect Assay, DNA Staining, Microbial Culture Techniques and Enzymatic Methods
- This report on mycoplasma testing also covers in detail various end user of mycoplasma testing, some of the major end users covered in the report are Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies Contract Research Organizations, Academic Research Institutes, Cell Banks and Other End Users
- This report on mycoplasma testing has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- ATCC (American Type Culture Collection)
- Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Bionique Testing Laboratories, Inc.
- Biological Industries Israel Beit Haemek Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
1. Mycoplasma Testing Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Mycoplasma Testing Market– Forces
4.1.1. Increasing investment in R&D activities in life science companies
4.1.2. Increasing R&D activities amongst bio tech & pharmaceutical companies
4.2.1. High capital requirement and consolidation amongst existing player
4.3.1. Developing nations presents high growth opportunity
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Mycoplasma Testing Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers & Distributors
6. Mycoplasma Testing Market, By Products
6.1. KITS & Reagents
6.1.1. PCR Assays
6.1.2. Nucleic Acid Detection KITS
6.1.3. Elimination KITS& Reagents
6.1.5. Standards & Controls
6.1.6. Others KITS & Reagents
7. Mycoplasma Testing Market, By Technology
7.3. Direct Assay
7.4. Indirect Assay
7.5. DNA Staining
7.6. Microbial Culture Techniques
7.7. Enzymatic Methods
8. Mycoplasma Testing Market, By Applications
8.1. Cell Line Testing
8.2. Virus Testing
8.3. End of Production Cells Testing
8.4. Other Applications
9. Mycoplasma Testing Market, By End User
9.1. Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Companies
9.2. Contract Research Organizations
9.3. Academic Research Institutes
9.4. Cell Banks
9.5. Other End Users
10. Mycoplasma Testing Market, By Geography
10.1.7. Rest of Europe
10.2. Asia Pacific
10.2.4. South Korea
10.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
10.3. North America
10.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
10.4.1. Middle East
10.4.2. South America
11. Mycoplasma Testing – Market Entropy
11.2. Technological Developments
11.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
11.4. Supply- Contract
12. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
12.1. Thermo Fisher Scientific
12.2. Merck KGaA
12.3. Lonza Group Ltd.
12.4. PromoCell GmbH
12.5. ATCC (American Type Culture Collection)
12.6. Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
12.7. Bionique Testing Laboratories, Inc.
12.8. Biological Industries Israel Beit Haemek Ltd.
12.10. Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
*More than 30 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
13.3. Research Methodology
13.5. Compilation of Expert Insights