1. Food Safety Testing Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Food Safety Testing Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.2.1. Product Benchmarking
3.2.2. End User profiling
3.2.3. Patent Analysis
3.2.4. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Food Safety Testing Market Forces
4.1. Market Drivers
4.2. Market Constraints
4.3. Market Challenges
4.4. Attractiveness of the Industry
4.4.1. Power of Suppliers
4.4.2. Power of Customers
4.4.3. Threat of New entrants
4.4.4. Threat of Substitution
4.4.5. Degree of Competition
5. Food Safety Testing Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Food Safety Testing Market – By Testing Type
6.2. Microbiology analysis
188.8.131.52. Other Pathogens
6.3. Pesticides & Fertilizers
6.4. Allergen Analysis
6.5. Lipids, Fats & Oil analysis
6.6. Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO)
7. Food Safety Testing Market – By End User
7.2. Dairy products
7.4. Processed foods
7.5. Meat & poultry
7.6. Fruits & vegetables
7.7. Sea foods
8. Food Safety Testing Market - By Testing Technology
8.1. Polymerase chain reaction (PCR)
8.2. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR)
8.4. Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay
8.6. Mass Spectrometry
9. Food Safety Testing Market - By Geography
9.2. North America
9.3. South America
9.3.7. Costa Rica
9.4.9. Rest of Europe
9.5.3. South Korea
9.5.7. Hong Kong
9.5.8. Rest of APAC
9.6. Middle East& Africa
9.6.2. South Africa
9.6.3. Saudi Arabia
9.7. Rest of Middle East and Africa
10. Market Entropy
10.1. New Product Launches
10.2. M&As, Collaborations, JVs, Partnership
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
11.1. Agilent Technologies Inc.(U.S)
11.2. Thermo fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S)
11.3. Shimadzu Corporation (Japan)
11.4. PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S)
11.5. Company 5
11.6. Company 6
11.7. Company 7
11.8. Company 8
11.9. Company 9
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights
The global Food testing Market is estimated to surpass $7,688 million mark by 2023 growing at an estimated CAGR of more than 6.1% during 2018 to 2023. Globally demand of this market is expected to be driven by the increasing global food trade, rising microbial contamination cases, increasing instances of food mislabeling, changing government regulations. Growing foodborne diseases and increased retail chains have developed consciousness among the consumers, thus driving the growth of food safety testing market globally.
What is Food testing ?
Food testing is a procedure of food product verification in order to check safety and decrease risk of contamination which causes food borne illness. Food testing involves validation of food product contents as indicated on the labels. Food safety testing has been important factor for maintaining quality of food in terms of ingredients, taste and appearance. Food safety testing techniques such as microbial contamination and analysis on chemical contents says all aspects of safe food production, processing and delivering the product to the consumer. Food safety testing helps the companies in regulating allergenic components and pathogenic bacteria in food products that provides safe and healthy products to the consumers.
What are the major applications for Food testing ?
The various end user segments assessed include dairy products, food grains, meat & poultry, fruits & vegetables, processed foods, beverages and others. Food grains include grains of wheat, rice & others. These crops are contaminated due to the presence of pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides. These chemicals are used by farmers for better yields of the crop but the pesticide gets mixed with the grains which may cause health risk to people. So, food grain test is analyzed by many food industries to test the presence of harmful pesticides residue from food grains.
Processed foods are mainly those products which are canned, dehydrated or chemically prepared. Food processing uses chemical and mechanical technologies which removes the nutrients present in the food. Processed food contains many ingredients which can lead to health risks. Due to these factors food testing has become an important factor in processed foods and also nutritional & chemical analysis testing is done to analyze different toxic chemicals in the processed foods. Sea foods contain a number of bacterial illnesses and it arises due to the contamination of harmful chemicals and pathogens like E.coli, Vibrio, Salmonella, and listeria. These pathogens are not easily detected as they are present in low concentrations. But many food industries have started food testing methods like biological testing, authenticity testing and others that detects the pathogens.
Market Research and Market Trends of Food testing
- The Massachusetts institute of technology has developed a new technology that will offer cheaper & faster food testing technique. The new MIT test is based on a novel type of liquid droplet that can bind to bacterial proteins. This interaction, which can be identified by either the smart phone or naked eye, would provide a much faster and cheaper alternative to prevailing food safety tests. Present food safety testing often involves placing food samples in a culture dish to see whether harmful bacterial colonies form, but that process takes two to three days. Rapid techniques based on antibody-bacteria interactions or bacterial DNA amplification is costly and it needs some special instruments. So this technology could enable faster, inexpensive identification of contamination using a smart phone.
- The latest biosensoristic and chemosensoristic devices used for detection of contaminants in both environmental and food matrices, are portable and allow for rapid diagnostics. The optical and electrochemical bio/chemosensoristic devices are used as promising tools in on-site and real time applications for monitoring of food matrices. This will have huge impact on the food testing market in the near future.
- Multi-dimensional analytical separation methods combined with high resolution accurate mass spectrometers (HRMS) or hybrid ion mobility (HRMS) are the forthcoming trends for the food analysis labs, providing multi-target food contaminant analysis of hundreds of pesticides, natural toxins and persistent organic pollutants in one workflow. As food fraud is a major issue and this advanced equipment can do a great job when operated in the untargeted mode and provided with multivariate statistics in order to disclose any abnormal chemical compositions.
- Clear Labs, a genomic data platform has pulled $13 million in series B funding to build a next generation sequencing based micro biome test. Since it is tough for food manufacturers to know the origin of an infected batch before it goes out to the public, clear labs has found a solution where it applies the similar technology used in human clinical trials, but for food products to find these infected batches. The funding comes from Google ventures, tencent, Khosla ventures, and felicis ventures.
Who are the Major Players in Food testing Market ?
The companies referred in the market research report include the Agilent Technologies Inc. (U.S), Thermo fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S), Shimadzu Corporation (Japan), PerkinElmer Inc. (U.S), and 10 others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes Bruker Corporation (U.S), a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.