Food diagnostic equipment and consumable market is valued 3316$ million in the year 2017 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2018-2023. Food diagnostic equipment and consumable market is segmented based on the testing equipment’s available in which PCR equipment is having high market share which is valued 853$ million in the year 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% between 2018-2023 and followed by immunoassay system which is valued 721$ million in the year 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2018-2023. The rising concern over food quality and safety will increase the market size of food diagnostics equipment market.
What is Food Diagnostic Equipment and Consumables Market?
Food diagnostic equipment are used to test the food which is consumable. There are few types of equipment’s which are used in testing the food. The equipment’s used in testing the food are Chromatography Systems, Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) equipment, Immunoassay systems, Hybrid systems, NMR Systems, Flow Cytometry systems, Spectrometers and many more. PCR equipment is majorly used in microbial analysis and pathogen testing is also done by using PCR equipment. Immunoassay system is very economical method which is used in pathogen detection. Chromatography system is another type of food testing equipment used to detect additives, fatty acids and vitamin analysis. This technique consume less time to test a sample.
The food testing consumable are segmented into different types like test accessories, reagents and general lab ware. General lab ware are those which are generally used devices in labs along with the diagnostic equipment.
What are the major applications for Food Diagnostic Equipment and Consumables Market?
The major application of food diagnostic equipment’s include in food chemistry analysis, microbiology analysis, nutrition analysis, allergen analysis, GMO testing, toxin analysis. Microbiology analysis is the major application in food diagnostics equipment. By using this analysis the food standards are known like analysis different factors such as the quality of ingredients used in preparing the food.
Market Research and Market Trends of Food Diagnostic Equipment and Consumables Market
- The present food testing system involves placing of food samples in a dish to see whether harmful bacterial colonies form, but that process takes two to three days. Rapid techniques based on antibody-bacteria interactions or bacterial DNA amplification is costly and it needs some special instruments. Addressing this issue MIT has developed a new technology which can identify the bacteria present in the food using smart phone or naked eye.
- To identify and test the micro volume samples, Nano drop one micro volume spectroscopy is an instrument which is ideal for quantifying and analyzing the quality of food and identify the contaminants in the food.
- Nima peanut sensor is a new product launched in the market which can identify and help the people who are allergic to peanuts. This works when a pea-sized sample is placed in to the device and start the device. This device takes some time to identify the peanuts in the food and shows a smiley face if the food is free from peanuts.
- The focus on optical and electrochemical bio/chemosensoristic devices which are used in detection of contaminants in food is increasing. In future the development and implementation of bio/chemosensoristic devices with new and modern technological solution for the identification of quality and also helps in identification of contaminants in the food.
Who are the Major Players in Food diagnostic equipment and consumable market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Ametek Inc, Beckman coulter Inc, Biomerieux Inc, Bio-rad laboratories, Bruker Corporation and many more.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.