Scanning electron microscope market is valued $1881.00 million in the year 2017 and is anticipated to grow with a CAGR of 4.5% from the year 2018 to 2023. Scanning electron microscope is segmented based on the industry verticals in which Semiconductor segment is having the highest market share and followed by Material science which are valued $824 and $466.4 million respectively in the year 2017 and is expected to grow with a CAGR of 3.6% and 5.3% respectively during 2018 to 2023.
What is Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
Scanning electron microscope is a device used for inspecting topographies of specimens at very high magnifications using an equipment. When the surface is two dimensionally scanned by electron probe microscope, the SME image appears on the screen of the display unit. If the scan width of the electron probe is changed the magnification of the displayed image will also be changed. As the size of the screen is unchanged, decreasing the scan width increase the magnification, whereas increasing the scan width decreases the magnification.
What are the major applications for Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
The major applications of scanning electron microscope includes in forensic investigation in identifying the gunshot residue analysis, Investigation of gemstones and jewellery, Examination of paint particles and fibers, Filament bulb investigations at traffic accidents, Handwriting and print examination. GSR analysis, specimens are typically collected using double sided tape and transferred to an SEM specimen stub.
Market Research and Market Trends of Scanning Electron Microscope Market:
- In recent years the use of focused ion beam (FIB) system is increasing which is used to view the internal structure of any electron. By using the FIB system it enables to view the internal structure with a high positional accuracy of a few hundreds of nanometers.
- To enhance the depth of the image the new technique called 3D anaglyph stereogram is increasing its application in biology. By using this process two slightly different images are presented to each eye creating the illusion of depth in the image. The images can be viewed with anaglyph glasses.
- To improve the resolution at a low accelerating voltage the new multi beam system which uses the hybrid conical objective lens in combination with the schottky electron gun which can achieve an electron beam which enables high resolution observation with high speed analysis.
- Many research and developments are seen in microscope system. The development of products cover the microscope light, ion, electron and X-Ray microscopes. The solutions and services for development of microscope system are used in the life science and material research.
Who are the Major Players in Scanning Electron Microscope Market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Hitachi High Technologies Corp., JEOL Ltd, Carl Zeiss AG, FEI Company, Tescan Orsay Holdings A.S and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.