are caused due to various viruses, bacteria, parasites and fungi that can invade the human body. It is more frequent in Afro-Caribbean’s, Arabs and Asian countries having warmer climate. Globally, availability of new and more efficient drugs such as eye drop or eye ointment, change in population demographics, and increasing frequency of blindness amongst the geriatric population are the prime growth drivers of eye infections treatment market. In addition, increase in adoption of eye infections treatment drugs in emerging economies such as China, India and others owing to growing health awareness and government initiatives, and countries with warm climatic conditions will create new opportunities for eye infections treatment market. However, higher cost of the research and development, and testing, and stringent government regulations are the key restraints for eye infections treatment market.
This report identifies the
global eye infections treatment market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global eye infections treatment market.
Geographically, Asia dominated the eye infections treatment market, and is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing aging population, warm climatic condition and modernizing healthcare infrastructure in this region. Among all the categories of eye infection, conjunctivitis has the highest market share in eye infections treatment market.
This report segments eye infections treatment market on the basis of category, cause of infection, drug type, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Eye Infections Treatment Market, By Category: Conjunctivitis, Blepharitis, Keratitis, Vitritis, Chorioretinitis and Neuroretinitis
- Eye Infections Treatment Market, By Cause of Infection: Bacteria, Viruses, Irritants and Allergies
- Eye Infections Treatment Market, By Drug Type: Corticosteroids, Quinolone Antibiotics, Macrolide Antibiotics, Tetracycline Antibiotics, Polyene Antifungals, Aminoglycoside Antibiotic / Polypeptide Antibiotic / Corticosteroid Combinations, Aminoglycoside Antibiotics, Sulfa Antibiotics and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC) and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the eye infections treatment market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Roche Holding AG
- GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Novartis International AG
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.