Iron is commonly found in oxide form in its ores and majority of it goes into steel production. Globally, development of efficient and advance technology, rising demand from the recovering construction activities, flourishing automotive industry, and advantageous properties of iron & steel are the prime growth drivers of global iron & steel market. In addition, increase in adoption of iron & steel for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global iron & steel market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, and higher depleting iron ore mines and degrading ore quality are the key restraints for global iron & steel market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global iron & steel market, followed by North America. China is the largest consumer of steel worldwide. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, rise in industrial sector, and growing mining activities in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, building & construction has the highest market share in global iron & steel market. Pig Iron is the market leader among all types of iron & steel, owing to its better performance and environment friendly properties.
This report identifies the global iron & steel market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global iron & steel market.
This report segments global iron & steel market on the basis of type, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the iron & steel market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Iron & Steel Market, By Type: Pig Iron, Wrought Iron, and Cast Iron
- The report has focused study on iron & steel market by basis of application such as: Building & Construction, Automotive, Transportation, Machine & Equipment, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- ArcelorMittal S.A.
- Bridon International Ltd.
- Insteel Industries Inc.
- Kobe Steel Ltd.
- Leggett & Platt Incorporated