The report provides detailed report of the types and applications of Thermal interface materials (TIM) implemented in various end user industries all over the world. The Global Thermal Interface Materials market recorded annual revenue of $1407.13 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period 2018-2023. Gap filler is the major segment which holds almost 23.8% of the market share and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period. Amongst all the applications, Telecommunications have the highest CAGR of 8.1% and is expected to grow rapidly till 2023. Usage of carbon nanotubes is a recent development in the field of thermal interface materials, they give better performance along with occupying relatively very less surface area. Asia-Pacific region has dominated the market with annual revenue of $830 million in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period.
What are Thermal Interface Materials?
The Thermal Interface Materials (TIM) are subordinate materials inserted between the heat sink as well as the devices which enhance thermal transfer to the heat sink. They are used in various electronic applications such as electric vehicles, CPUs/Desktops, smartphones, tablets, architectural and industrial lighting and more. The major driver for this industry is the demand from major end user industries such as consumer electronics. The different types of thermal interface materials commercially available in the market are tapes and films, greases and adhesives, gap fillers, phase change materials, metal based TIMs and more.
What are the major applications for Thermal Interface Materials?
Various applications of Thermal Interface Materials include Desktops, tablets, smartphones, electric vehicles, Bluetooth smart watches, LEDs, data centers, GaN semiconductors, industrial lighting devices, graphic cards and more. The end-users include Telecommunications, Medical, Automotive & Power Electronics, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Automotive & Power Electronics and more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Thermal Interface Materials
- The new class of Thermal Interface Materials delivers ultralow thermal resistance for compact power electronics. When electronics get more compact and robust, the heat dissipated per unit area of the electronic devices increases and moving components of machinery operate at higher speeds, creating additional heat. Thermal Interface Materials enable the removal of heat generated from the operation of electro-chemical, electronic and mechanical devices. These new TIMs fill the gaps between thermal transfer surfaces such as microprocessors and power electronics devices, and the heat sinks to increase thermal transfer efficiency.
- A new generation of polymer-based TIMs are introduced in the chemical industry, which uses boron nitride nanosheet (BNNS) fillers to enhance thermal conductivity. BNNS is a two-dimensional crystalline form of hexagonal boron nitride (h-BN), also known as white graphene. It has a similar geometry to all of its carbon analog graphene but few very different properties. A recent study demonstrates that an h-BN thin film composed layer-by-layer of laminated h-BN nanosheets can enhance lateral heat dissipation on a substrate. Thermal performance has improved with the boron nitride coating due to its anisotropic thermal conductivity.
Who are the Major Players in Thermal Interface Materials Market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Honeywell International Inc., Henkel, Dow Corning, 3M Company, Parker Hannifin Corporation, Laird PLC, Momentive and more than 25 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.