The global Halogen Free Flame Retardants market is expected to increase at a highest growth rate in the forecast period. The global consumer demand is growing with 4.5% over the forecast period. Electrical and electronics industry is the most significant end-use industry in the global halogen-free flame retardant market.
What is Halogen Free Flame Retardants?
Halogen free flame retardants play an important role in avoiding fire risks in various applications occurred due to heat generation by current or outside resources. The halogen flame retardants are typically used to ensure good flammability, these are under close scrutiny due to their potential to give off corrosive compounds when the materials are burned, as well as other safety, environmental and health issues. The market is dominated by various key players such as DowDupont (United States), BASF SE. (Germany). For few applications such as wires and cables, nanoclays, nanotubes, aluminum trihydrate, or magnesium hydroxide are the potential alternatives. Growing consciousness among consumers about toxic emissions release by fire is expanding the halogen free flame retardants market.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of halogen free flame retardants market by type, end-user, binder system, and geography. The major types of halogen free flame retardants encompassed in the scope includes phosphorous, mineral, nitrogen, nano-composites, others (zinc borate, intumescent).
What are the Major End-User for Halogen Free Flame Retardants?
Electrical/Electronics sector consumes the maximum share of 37% in the halogen free flame retardants market. The major type of flame retardants used in the industry is Bromine and Chlorine based in halogens and apart from them Nitrogen and Phosphorus based metal hydroxides are also widely used in the industry. However, electrical industry equipment is always at the risk of fire hazards caused due to human as well as other machine based errors. Most of the engineered plastics manufactured are tie up with flame retardants to increase, the time range, thus helps to avoid health hazards and property damage. Home electrical fires account for an estimated 51,000 fires each year with more than 1,400 injuries and $1.3 billion in material damage. In the U.S., more than 28,000 home fires are recorded every year, accounting to about $700 million worth of property damage. Strict safety regulations, regarding the use of flame retardants are being imposed during the process of manufacturing this electrical equipment.
Market Research and Market Trends of Halogen Free Flame Retardants
- The market is projected to witness $3,871.09 million in 2023 owing to the increasing government regulations for environmental safety and the flourishing electrical & electronics and automotive industries.
- Phosphorous segment held the major revenue share of 57% in 2017, followed by minerals segment. Alumina Trihydrate (ATH) segment contributed the major revenue for Minerals segment owing to their low cost offerings, easy availability and high usage in many end-use industries. Minerals segment held the major share in terms of volume with 61% in 2017
- According to the International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), the production of cars and commercial vehicles in 2017 were 73.46 million and 23.85 million respectively. The Production of cars and commercial vehicles has grown at a CAGR of 3.09% and 2.42% respectively during 2012-2017. This trend is estimated to continue in the coming future and is anticipated to provide prospects to the Halogen Free Flame Retardants Market
Who are the Major Players in Halogen Free Flame Retardants market?
The companies referred to in the market research report include Akzo Nobel (Netherlands), Albemarle Corporation (United States), Apexical Inc. (USA), BASF SE (Germany), Bayer AG (Germany), Celanese Corporation (USA), Chemtura Corporation Limited (USA), Clariant AG (Switzerland), Daihachi Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. (Osaka), Delamin Limited (United Kingdom), Dic Corporation (Japan), Dover Chemical Corp. (United States), DowDuPont (United States), and DSM N.V. (Netherlands)
What is our report scope?
The report gives in-depth analysis of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable as per your needs to a certain extent. Wealso provide 20 free consulting hours for purchase of each report, enabling you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), volume (units) and value ($m). Country level data is provided based on – product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitors’ performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and increase efficiency of your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&As, deals, partnerships, and product launches of all key players in the past four years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than 20 top countries, for the market.