Global Urinalysis Market is estimated to reach $1427m by 2023 growing at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2018-2023. Urinalysis market is experiencing growth globally owing to the current technological advancements coupled with the increasing adoption rate of point-of-care urinalysis devices for different applications. Consumables held a major share of 75% in Urinary market and is projected to continue it’s dominance in the coming five years. Increasing vendor’s focus on business expansion through distributions and partnerships, rising prevalence of kidney diseases and urinary tract infections are the key factors involving the growth of urinalysis market.
What is Urinalysis?
The analysis of urine by physical, chemical, and microscopical means to test for the presence of disease. The target parameters that can be measured or quantified in urinalysis include naked-eye examination for color and smell, analysis for many substances and cells, as well as other properties, such as specific gravity. A part of a urinalysis can be performed by using urine test strips, in which the test results can be read as color changes.
What are the major applications for Global Urinalysis Market?
The major applications include Urinary Tract Infection, Diabetes, Kidney Diseases, Hypertension, Liver Diseases, Pregnancy and others. The end users for Urinalysis market include Hospitals and Clinical Laboratories, Diagnostics Laboratories, Research Laboratories and Institutes, Home Care Settings and others.
Market Research and Market Trends of Urinalysis Market
- A Urinalysis test is a powerful tool in the examination of a sample of urine to reveal diseases that could otherwise be undetected through other applications. There are three methods to the process:
- Visual: identify abnormalities by color, clarity and concentration
- Chemical: identify chemical constituents
- Microscopic: identify insoluble constituents
- One of the top players in Urinalysis market, Hettich, have introduced Hettich centrifuge which is used during the third step, Microscopic, to concentrate a sample for viewing under a microscope. A sample is transferred to a conical tube and centrifuged for a period of time. After centrifugation, the fluid at the top of the tube is discarded in a bio-safe container. The concentrated solution at the bottom of the tube is used to create a slide to review under a microscope.
- Hettich centrifuges offer the capacity, safety and reliability to handle a low or high throughput laboratory and a variety of tubes. Hettich offers small footprint, tabletop centrifuges for low throughput locations, and larger capacity centrifuges for a high throughput location.
- Urit Medical Electronic Group Corporation Ltd is one of major competitors in Urinalysis market. The introduction of URIT-1600 has made it easy and reliable for the healthcare industry to perform urine analysis. It has got various parameters such as:
- a) It can be operated in five wavelengths.
- b) The throughput is 300 samples/hour.
- c) It has got large LCD touch screen.
- d) It has got built-in barcode reader which makes LIS data transfer and management simple.
- New features include: Linux OS, New CIS detection technology, Fully Automatic, Stat Function and many more.
- Siemens Healthineers is one of the players in designing Analyzers, which helps point-of-care testing in Urinalysis. CLINITEK Status Connect System, provides improved POC testing workflow efficiencies when interfaced to leading data management solutions. It also offers flexible connectivity solutions by integrating data directly to the LIS, EMR or via point-of-care data management software solutions. It also helps in detection of early kidney disease for patients with confirmed diabetes.
- The LabStrip U11 Plus and LabStrip U11 Plus GL high-grade, multiparameter urinalysis test strips are in vitro diagnostic medical devices for professional laboratory use which are designed by 77 Elektronika Kft. They are designed for semi-quantitative urine analysis from fresh urine. These test strips are intended to be used in screening tests for diabetes and hemolytic, diseases of the kidneys and urinary tract, and pathologic shifts in pH, as well as for the investigation of urinary sediment.
- Each test strip has 11 measuring zones that contain sensitive reagents. When the urine comes into contact the color of the test field changes as the result of a chemical reaction. This coloration can be detected by urine analyzers or by visual inspection. The operation of these trips is based on the same principles, both contain the same reagents in the same composition. The only difference between them is the shape of strips.
Who are the Major Players in Urinalysis market?
The companies referred to in the market research report includes Mindray Medical International Limited, Urit Medical Electronic Group Co., Ltd, Siemens Healthcare, Roche Diagnostics, Beckman Coulter Inc., Sysmex Corporation, Acon Laboratories Inc., and more than 20 companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.