global Air curtains and unit heaters market is growing at an estimated CAGR of more than 4% during 2018 to 2023. Increasing focus on the energy efficiency is positively affecting the air curtains market. The cost to purchase and install air curtains is considerably less than the cost of vestibule construction. Thus, there has been an increasing shift towards installation of air curtains. The flexibility available for combining air curtain solutions with a building heating and cooling system allows a more complete control of overall building energy consumptions. Important segment of this market is the re-circulating air curtains which will experience a good growth in the coming years.
What is Air curtain and Unit heater?
An air curtain is a continuous broad stream over a doorway of a particular space. It stops the flow of bacteria and unconditioned air into the particular space by pushing an air stream across the whole entry. It provides ideal solution to control indoor climate in commercial and industrial premises where there is a need for doors open. These air curtains are used in wide range of applications such as industrial, commercial and others to improve indoor air quality, significant energy savings and to enhance the safety.
The unit heaters are used to heat large spaces such as workshops, engine room and so on. Based on the size of the facility for which temperature has to be maintained, the number of unit heaters used for heating increases.
What are the major applications for Air curtain and Unit heater ?
The various end users assessed include commercial and industrial sectors. Commercial Entrance Air Curtains are becoming widely used in building entrances to reduce energy consumption and provide comfort. In winter, they retain warm air inside and prevent the inflow of cold air. They can also supply additional heat in the door area using steam or hot water heaters. In summer, Air Curtains keep hot humid air out and prevent the escape of air conditioning.
Air curtains are in use in a hard rock mine at great depth to control the flow of fresh air that is introduced into the mine. Air curtains are installed at several points along the main airway to deflect some of the fresh air flow out into the shafts. Insect Control Air Curtains, sometimes called "Fly Fans," are used in food processing plants, dairies, bakeries, bottling plants, restaurants, supermarkets, hospitals, school cafeterias and other areas where the control of flying insects is required. The powerful stream of air that is produced by an insect control Air curtain is an excellent brake to insects which will usually avoid the air stream simply because of its unnaturally high velocity.
Market Research and Market Trends of Air curtains and Unit heaters
- Halton Marine has been developing a new HVAC technology that ensures substantial savings in ventilation lifecycle costs. The chilled beam ventilation system involves efficient mixing and uniform air quality inside the cabin. It uses the primary air to recirculate the room air through heat exchanger which results in high cooling capacities and adequate thermal conditions without a fan.
- Fred Shaw & Co, the Hudders field-based ventilation and ductwork manufacturer, in conjunction with engineers from Toshiba Air Conditioning developed a new heat pump-based air curtain. It has passed independent tests by BSRIA and met the required standards. Hence, it has been accepted in the UK Energy Technology List. This air curtain is energy efficient, easy to install and service.
- Premium Air curtains series has been developed to create an optimal air barrier, without compromising comfort, design or energy efficiency. The different sizes cover openings from two to four meters in height. The PA series is based on Frico’s Thermo zone technology, which means that an optimal air barrier is created using the best relationship between air volume and air speed, with an outlet that is designed so that air leaves the unit in the correct direction with minimal turbulence. The PA series uses this technology to protect the opening, to separate the indoor and outdoor climates efficiently.
- Integrating Internet of Things: Manufacturers are focusing on installing air curtains that are connected to the building management system which allows the device to intelligently control the speed of air that is blown along with the direction of air. This ensures that most of the conditioned air is not lost and ensuring that less power is utilized efficiently.
Who are the Major Players in Air curtains and Unit heaters market?
The companies referred in the market research report include Mitsubishi Electric Corp, Norte HVAC, Ingersoll Rand, Lennox International, Carrier Corp. and more than 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.