Around 178 countries in the world are associated with organic farming. Approximately 57.8 million hectors of land are utilized for organic farming in the world. The organic farming market is expected to grow with a CAGR of approximately 15%. Among the various regions, North America’s contribution in organic market will account to 51%. It is estimated that around $290 million was invested on organic food and farming systems and research in the whole world. However, farming companies are investing in research, development and infrastructure to enhance the productivity and efficiency of organic farming systems in order to overcome routine farming challenges like managing pests and sustaining soil health.
What is Organic Farming?
Organic farming is a method that involves growing and nurturing crops with the use of biological materials preventing the use of synthetic based fertilizers and pesticides. Also, the use of genetically modified organisms is not permitted. Organic farming systems have a great potential to provide the world with healthy, high-quality food. Organic farming has several environmental benefits such that it improves the soil fertility, combats soil erosion and reduces the greenhouse gas emission when compared with other forms of agriculture. Organic foods help to mitigate dietary risks from pesticides to human health than conventional foods. Foods from organic farms are loaded with nutrients such as vitamins, enzymes, minerals and other micro-nutrients compared to those from conventional farms. Those that have tasted organically farmed foods would attest to the fact that they have a natural and better taste.
Market Research and Market Trends of Organic Farming:
- Organic farming in developing countries Africa has gained momentum leading to increasing investments by the Swedish, Swiss, Dutch, German and French governments. Such investments are playing a major role in expanding organic agriculture in West, Central and Southern Africa. Several government and private companies are investing in developing countries to improve organic food production and encourage organic farming.
- The use of pesticide and chemicals and its proliferation into the food chain due to conventional farming practices have become a cause of concern all over the world. The rising awareness of natural, safe food, and new food safety standards for their health and well-being coupled with the willingness of consumers to pay for organic farm food is expected to boost the global market.
- Several regulatory bodies are working towards provision of fairer competition to market vendors, trader, processors, farmers as well as breeders in order to encourage organic farming all over the world. They are implementing stricter control measures and are focusing largely in prevention of contamination with pesticides, improved supply of organic seeds over the globe, and start including new products such as essential oils and salt.
Who are the Major Players in Organic Farming Market?
The companies referred in the market research report are Dow Chemical Company, BASF SE, Solvay SA, AkzoNobel N.V., Nalco Holding Company and 10 other companies.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.