The global Animal Feed additive Market is accounted to $24,096m in 2017 and is estimated to surpass $27,268million during 2018-2023 growing at a CAGR of 4.2%. Technological zoo additives holds the highest market share of 49% with $11,782m in 2017. By region Asia-pacific holds the highest market share with 39%.
What is Animal Feed Additive?
Feed additives are food supplement that are mixed with animal feed to increase its nutritional value that imparts additional benefits for animals and consumers as well. Increased nutritional value promotes good health in animals. They are various types of feed additives catering to a host of nutritional requirements depending upon livestock. The major types of feed additives include amino acids, acidifiers, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, and texturants, prebiotics, pelleting additives.
What are the major applications for Animal Feed Additive?
Feed additives helps in maintaining the animals overall health, temperaments, and even thriftiness. Feed additives are given as per the requirement of targeted animal and then blended to form compound feed. These are extremely important in growing, finishing, neonatal and breeding animals. It regulates key metabolic pathways and gene expression to improve immune function, feed efficiency, pregnancy outcome, neonatal survival, and meat quality.
The various end users assessed include farms, households, veterinarians, zoos, animal shelters and others
Market Research and Market Trends of Animal feed additives
- 1. An innovative form based on pure L-Selenomethionine has been introduced into the market as the next generation of selenium. L-selenomethionine enantiomer is the main form of selenium found in Brazil nuts, cereal grains, soybeans, and grassland legumes. It is safe and efficacy of selenium compounds as feed additive for animal species.
- 2. Alternatives for antibiotics are been introduced that promotes gut health by several possible mechanisms which include maintaining protective gut mucins, altering gut pH, enhancing nutrient uptake, selection for beneficial intestinal organisms or against pathogens, enhancing fermentation acids, and increasing the humoral immune response.
- 3. The first applied molecules for animal nutrition can is found in lecithin. Modified lysolecthins were applied as molecules with a higher efficiency. Researches have been conducted on discovering the tool behind this increase of efficiency the HLB (Hydrophilic: Lipophilic Balance) of emulsifiers. This has consequently led to development of molecules used in animal nutrition for emulsifiers with a high HLB level. Such molecules better match the ratio of fat: water as it can be found in the animal’s intestines, with a more effective and cost-saving application as a result. Emulsifiers allow a more efficient use of fat sources in animal nutrition worldwide.
Who are the Major Players in Animal Feed Additives market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes Calpis, Cargill, Chr. Hansen, DSM, DuPont, Lallemand, Lesaffre, Nebraska Cultures, Novozymes, Novus.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.