Processed Poultry & Meat Market Overview:
Processed poultry meat is considered as the meat which has been altered to improve its taste or to extend its shelf life. Poultry processing is a complex combination of chemistry and biology, as the process includes the usage of few chemical preservatives like sodium nitrate, salt and others. Poultry has gained more acceptance than meat like pork, mutton and beef, owing to high protein content and affordable prices. The global processed poultry & meat market has crossed $699.3 billion in 2017 and it is estimated to surpass $1061.2 billion with an estimated growth rate of 7.2% for the forecast period 2018 to 2023.
Processed Poultry & Meat Market Outlook:
Producing food to humans is the main motive of processed poultry and meat market. Meat has been transformed through salting, curing, fermentation or different techniques to enhance the life of the product. Qualitatively and quantitatively, meat and other animal foods have better sources of proteins over plant vegetables. Meat and poultry are the highest source of proteins. It also provides lots of other nutrients like iron, iodine, zinc and vitamins mainly B12 and others. Basing on the type market has been divided into processed poultry and processed meat. It’s further divided basing on the packaging films as single layer packing and multi-layer packing. It has various types in packing like vacuum packing, intelligent packing, skin packing and others. And the end user industry is taken as hotels/restaurants, retail and others who consume Poultry and meat.
Processed Poultry & Meat Market Growth Drivers:
Processed Poultry & Meat is rich in its nutrients and proteins which is driving the market. Increasing health consciousness towards animal protein rich diet is its huge driver of the market. With the introduction of various techniques in the packaging industry which will increase the shelf life of the product is expected to further drive the market. Particularly Active packaging and intelligent packing is used to increase the shelf life of the product as it will change the condition of the package by minimizing contamination.
Processed Poultry & Meat Market Challenges:
Processed Poultry & Meat is facing a challenge with health concerns that is restraining from the market. Fear of diseases like bird flu and others is drawing back the market but with its wide advantages it’s expected to soar high with respect growth. Another major challenge faced by the market is its Microbial contamination and protein oxidation in terms of food safety and quality deterioration. Increase in the number of regulations related to safety of poultry and meat is further increasing the price and restraining the market.
Processed Poultry & Meat Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Processed Poultry & Meat market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Processed Poultry & Meat market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Processed Poultry & Meat Market Report: Industry Coverage
Types of Processed Poultry & Meat: Processed poultry, processed meat
Product of Processed Poultry & Meat: Raw- fermented, Sausages, Cured, Fresh processed, Precooked, Dried, Raw cooked, Chilled, Others
Packaging of Processed Poultry & Meat in end user industry: Single layer, Multi-layer
End user industry of processed poultry and meat market: Restaurants, retail markets, food manufactures and others.
The Processed Poultry & Meat market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Processed Poultry & Meat Market Key Players Perspective:
The Tyson Foods Protein Innovation Fund provided $1 million to 10 Feeding America food banks in nine states to fund protein sourcing projects that have the potential to be scaled and replicated across the Feeding America network. Matt Knott, president of Feeding America said
“We are grateful for Tyson Foods’ continued partnership with Feeding America and their dedication to increasing access to protein-rich meals that many food insecure families need to have a well-balanced diet.” “For the 40 million people facing hunger in the U.S., it’s not only important for Feeding America to help provide enough food to meet basic needs, but also to provide more nutritious food”.
Some of the major players in the home Processed Poultry & Meat devices market are Baader Food Processing Machinery, Inc., Bayle S.A., Brower Equipment, Cargill, Inc., CG Manufacturing and Distribution Limited, CTB, Inc., JBS S.A., John Bean Technologies Corporation, Key Technology, Inc., Marel HF and more than 20 companies.
Processed Poultry & Meat Market Trends:
- The growth of world consumption of poultry and meat market has been increasing consistently from years with the increase in awareness among the people. Poultry is the second highest consumption in the European Union. With the huge demand it is expected to grow further in upcoming years. There is an unforeseen growth in US and Brazil which rises the demand and sustained lower feed prices is an added advantage to the market .
- With the introduction of automation technology in manufacturing operations in the next few years is expected to create more demand for the poultry. As increase in automation will reduce the risk of contamination risks possessed by human intervention. It is predicted that the capital investment might increase in coming 1-2 years by reducing the cost of labor, operational costs and others is further showing a positive trend towards growth.
- Japanese poultry and meat market has been rising in the past three years and imports from Thailand grew by double digits for the past two years. To grab this opportunity Mitsubishi is to launch Thai poultry processing joint venture with betagro group to provide 30,000 tons of meat every year in Thailand. Mitsubishi will take 50% stake in joint venture while betagro and itoham yonekyu holds each 25%.