The dynamometer product & services market is a subset of the allied manufacturing industries such as turbines, compressors, pumps, generators, motors, engines, power trains that form a significant component of automobile, power and aerospace industry.
The ever increasing demand for clean power sources particularly the wind, needs huge turbines and generators to produce power at large scale in an efficient manner. To develop such infrastructure there is a regular necessity of development facilities incorporating dynamometers to calculate the torque and power output.
Based on the recent improvements in technology the players in Machining/Cutting tool industry are thriving to calculate the force and moments acting on the tools while machining process is carried out. Multi component dynamometers and force plates are being used for axial force calculations. The rehabilitation centers working for treating injured muscles and bones include dynamometers to calculate muscle grip and strength of the patient. The athletes measure their performance and status on regular basis by utilizing small hand held dynamometers.
The global market revenue for dynamometer product & services was estimated to be $989.8 million and is expected to grow at CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period i.e. 2018-2023.
What are Dynamometer Product & Services?
A dynamometer is an electromechanical device which is instrumented for measuring force, moment of force (torque), or power. For instance, the power produced by an engine, motor or other rotating prime mover can be calculated by simultaneously measuring torque and rotational speed (rpm). Data acquisition system is increasingly becoming an integral component of a dynamometer. It is also popularly known as dyno.
The dynamometer services include the dynamometer deployment in various scenarios and their maintenance, operation as well as manipulation.
What are the major applications for Dynamometer Product & Services?
Dynamometer products and services are applied generally to calculate the force, torque and power requirements of mechanical components in industrial machinery such as turbines, compressors, pumps, generators, motors, engines, power trains. They also help in measuring the real time performance of such heavy machinery in the form of engine dynamometers. Dynamometers are used to provide simulated road loading of either the engine (using an engine dynamometer) or full powertrain (using a chassis dynamometer) in standard emissions testing cycles. Beyond simple power and torque measurements, dynamometers can be used as part of testing equipment for a variety of engine development activities which include the calibration of engine management controllers, detailed investigations into combustion behavior and tribology of the machinery.
Market Research and Market Trends of Dynamometer Product & Services Ecosystem
- There has been a tremendous pressure upon the automobile manufacturers for improving the quality with the increasing global concern for eco-friendly environment. The dynamometers have always played a key role in research and development facilities across manufacturing industries. There have been regular attempts to make the engines efficient and simultaneously to control the noise and emission of exhaust gases. This has forced the automobile manufacturers either to set up their own testing facility or provide a contract to third party for dynamometer testing on engines and power trains.
- KDE Direct recently installed the new Dynamometer V3, with laboratory-grade equipment and custom-CNC machined components which match real-life flight conditions. Real-life flight conditions vary greatly, depending on setup and environmental affects (humidity, altitude, temperature, etc.), the system is designed to replicate real-world flight-logs, collected from various airframe systems of multiple sizes and propulsion capabilities (ArduPilot, DJI, and Micropilot based flight-controllers). Using an Arduino 32-bit based controller, the real-world flight logs replayed through the system to produce the full performance curves more accurately representing real-world results. The KDE Direct Propulsion Equipment is leading the market in the latest technology, safety, and performance capabilities.
- Automotive vehicle industry is undergoing various advances owing to new technologies and upgrades. One significant example is the rise in electrical content per vehicle. Testing for vehicle and engine performance has become essential addition in the vehicle offered by the new technologies. OEM manufacturers are challenged by a number of factors in the dynamometer market due to cost pressures that are from both regulatory and the consumer ends. This has led to higher investments in R&D and testing. The upcoming electric vehicles are also being embedded with engine dynamometers to regulate engine performances as well as they act as data source to OEMs. To create new research and concepts in the electric vehicles dynamometers are being required for testing purposes.
Who are the Major Players in Dynamometer Product & Services market?
The players profiled in the report include Dyno One, Inc., Aw Dynamometer, Inc., Dynapro, Dynamometer Ltd, Dynocom Industries Inc., Dyno Dynamics Taylor Dynamometer, Inc., Froude, Inc., HITEC Sensor Developments, Inc., Magtrol, Inc., Mustang Dynamometer
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.