Compound semiconductor materials
consist of of elements from more than two different groups in the periodic table and are used in a variety of semiconductor devices and components. The compound semiconductor materials have advantages such as higher electron mobility, low power consumption direct gap, and wide range of band gaps. Globally, rise in the demand for opto-electronic semiconductor devices, and growth in data transfers leading to increase in demand in communication sector are the prime growth drivers of global compound semiconductor materials & devices market. In addition, increase in adoption of GaN electronics, and growing automotive electronics, and wireless communication in emerging economies such as China, India and others will create new opportunities for global compound semiconductor materials & devices market. However, issues of compatibility with the high-end materials such as silicon, high cost of manufacturing, and fragile crystal structure are the key restraints for global compound semiconductor materials & devices market.
This report identifies the global compound semiconductor materials & devices market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global compound semiconductor materials & devices market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global compound semiconductor materials & devices market, and is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automotive electronics, consumer electronics, wireless communication, and growing demand of opto-electronic semiconductor devices in this region. Among all the end-users, ICT sector has the highest market share in global compound semiconductor materials & devices market.This report segments global compound semiconductor materials & devices market on the basis of type, technology, devices, end-user, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the compound semiconductor materials & devices market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Compound Semiconductor Materials & Devices Market, By Type: III-V Compound Semiconductors, II-VI Compound Semiconductors, Sapphire, and IV-IV Compound Semiconductors, and Others
- Compound Semiconductor Materials & Devices Market, By Technology: Chemical Vapour Deposition (CVD), Molecular Beam Epitaxy (MBE), Hydride Vapour Phase Epitaxy (HVPE), Ammonothermal, Liquid Phase Epitaxy (LPE), Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD), and Others
- Compound Semiconductor Materials & Devices Market, By Devices: Transistors, Integrated Circuits (ICS), Diodes and Rectifiers, Power Semiconductor Device, Opto Electronic Semiconductor Devices, and Others
- The report has focused study on compound semiconductor materials & devices market by basis of end-user such as: ICT Sector, Automotive, Aerospace and Defence, Industrial, Energy Sector, Consumer Electronics, Medical, and Others
- This is report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
- International Quantum Epitaxy Plc
- Taiwan Semiconductors Manufacturing Company Limited (TSMC)
- Texas Instruments, Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation