Live cell imaging
involves the study of living cells though the use of images acquired from imaging systems such as microscopes and high-content screening systems, to monitor cellular processes and internal structures in real time, and over time. It has become analytical tool for gaining critical insights into the fundamental nature of tissue and cellular function. Globally, increasing incidence of cancer, growing usage of high-content screening techniques in drug discovery, and government funding for cell-based research are the prime growth drivers of global live cell imaging market. In addition, application of live cell imaging techniques in personalized medicine and emerging economies such as China, India and others will create new opportunities for global live cell imaging market. However, higher cost, and lack of skilled professionals are the key restraints for global live cell imaging market.
This report identifies the global live cell imaging market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global live cell imaging market.
Geographically North America dominated global live cell imaging market, due to to increasing application of cell imaging techniques in cancer research. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly growing government and corporate investment in the biotechnology sector, rising number of diagnostics laboratories in this region. Among all the applications, cell biology segment has the highest market share in global live cell imaging market.This report segments global live cell imaging market on the basis of product, technology, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the live cell imaging market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Live Cell Imaging Market, By Product: Instrument, Consumables, and Software
- Live Cell Imaging Market, By Technology: Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET), Fluorescence in Situ Hybridization (FISH), High-Content Screening (HCS), Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching (FRAP), Ratiometric Imaging, Total Internal Reflection Fluorescence Microscopy (TRIF), Multiphoton Excitation Microscopy (MPE), and Other Technologies
- Live Cell Imaging Market, By Application: Cell Biology, Stem Cells, Developmental Biology, and Drug Discovery
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Carl Zeiss AG
- Danaher Corporation (Leica Microsystems)
- GE Healthcare (Subsidiary of General Electric Company)
- Molecular Devices, LLC