is a microphone designed to be used underwater for recording or listening to underwater sound. Most hydrophones are based on a piezoelectric transducer that generates electricity when subjected to a pressure change. Such piezoelectric materials, or transducers, can convert a sound signal into an electrical signal since sound is a pressure wave. Some transducers can also serve as a projector, but not all have this capability, and some may be destroyed if used in such a manner.
A hydrophone can "listen" to sound in air but will be less sensitive due to its design as having a good acoustic impedance match to water, which is a denser fluid than air. Likewise, a microphone can be buried in the ground, or immersed in water if it is put in a waterproof container, but will give similarly poor performance due to the similarly bad acoustic impedance match.
This report identifies the global hydrophone market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to global Hydrophone market.
Geographically increasing need for electricity in Europe is driving the market for hydrophone. Industrial development in developing countries of Asia Pacific are estimated to drive the growth in this region. Asia-Pacific is estimated to witness the highest growth during the forecast period and Europe is estimated to hold the highest share in hydrophone market. This report segments global hydrophone market on the basis of type, application, and regional market as follows:
Sample Companies profiled in this Report are:
- Global Hydrophone Market, by Type: Omni-Directional and Directional
- Global Hydrophone Market, by Industry: Wireless, Industrial Sectors, Defense, Medical Sector, Computing and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region.
- GE Measurement & Control Solutions
- Siemens AG
- BENTHOWAVE INSTRUMENT INC.
- Sensor Technology Ltd
- Cetacean Research Technology