Gadolinium is a silvery-white malleable and ductile rare-earth metal, found in nature only in combined form. Gadolinium is used for shielding in neutron radiography and in nuclear reactors, owing to its absorption of neutrons. Gadolinium have unusual metallurgic properties, that can improve the workability and resistance to high temperature oxidation of iron, chromium, and related alloys. Globally, technological advancements leading to rise in demand, rise in the demand from healthcare industry, and increasing consumption of colour TVs are the prime growth drivers of gadolinium market. In addition, increase in adoption of gadolinium for newer applications, and emerging economies such as China, India and others will create new opportunities for gadolinium market. However, higher cost of the research and development, stringent government regulations, and risk of serious illness such as Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF) or nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy, and Gadolinium Deposition Disease (GDD) are the key restraints for gadolinium market.
This report identifies the global gadolinium market size for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to the gadolinium market.
Geographically, North America dominates the gadolinium market, and Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing nuclear infrastructure, and modernizing healthcare infrastructure in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end-users, healthcare segment has the highest market share in gadolinium market.
This report segments gadolinium market on the basis of raw material, application, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Gadolinium Market, By Raw Material: Monazite, and Bastnäsite
- Gadolinium Market, By Application: Permanent magnets, Catalysts, Glass polishing, Phosphors, Ceramics, Metal alloy, Glass additives, and Others
- The report has focused study on gadolinium market by basis of end-user industry such as: Nuclear Reactors, Electronics, Research Labs, Healthcare, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Alkane Resources Ltd.
- Baotou Hefa Rare Earth Co.Ltd.
- Canada Rare Earth Corporation
- China Minmetals Rare Earth Co. Ltd.
- Great Western Minerals Group Ltd.
1. Gadolinium – Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Gadolinium Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Gadolinium – Market Forces
4.1.1. Technological advancements leading to rise in demand
4.1.2. Rise in the demand from healthcare industry
4.1.3. Increasing consumption of colour TVs
4.2.1. The research and development having higher cost
4.2.2. Stringent government regulations
4.2.3. Risk of serious illness such as Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF) or nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy, and Gadolinium Deposition Disease (GDD)
4.3.1. Emerging economies
4.3.2. Increase in adoption of gadolinium for newer applications
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Gadolinium Market, By Raw Material
6. Gadolinium Market, By Application
6.1. Permanent magnets
6.3. Glass polishing
6.6. Metal alloy
6.7. Glass additives
7. Gadolinium Market, By End-User
7.1. Nuclear Reactors
7.3. Research Labs
8. Gadolinium Market, By Geography
8.1.7. Rest of Europe
8.2. Asia Pacific
8.2.4. South Korea
8.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3. North America
8.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
8.4.2. Rest of RoW
9. Gadolinium – Market Entropy
9.2. Technological Developments
9.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
9.4. Supply- Contract
10. Company Profiles (Introduction, Financials, Key Insights, Key Strategy, Product Portfolio, SWOT Analysis)
10.1. Alkane Resources Ltd.
10.2. Baotou Hefa Rare Earth Co.Ltd.
10.3. Canada Rare Earth Corporation
10.4. China Minmetals Rare Earth Co.Ltd.
10.5. Great Western Minerals Group Ltd.
10.6. Avalaon Rare Metals Inc.
10.7. Arafura Resources Ltd.
10.8. Indian Rare Earth Ltd.
10.9. Lynas Corportation Ltd.
10.10. Molycorp Inc.
*More than 10 Companies are profiled in this Research Report*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
11.3. Research Methodology
11.5. Compilation of Expert Insights