can be defines as an electrochemical cell (or enclosed and protected material) which can be charged electrically several times to provide a static potential for power or released electrical charge when needed. Globally increasing demand for the battery in automotive and industrial applications is expected to be the key growth drivers, apart from these applications increasing usage of battery operated products is expected to be another major driver for the battery during the period of study. However, strict regulation in the EU and other developed economies regarding usage and disposal of batteries is expected to be the major restraint for the battery market during the period of study.
This report identifies the global battery market
size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to battery market.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated battery market due to rising automobile production coupled with rapid industrialization generating high demand. Asia-Pacific was followed by Europe and North America as the second and third largest consumer of battery. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to rapidly expanding industrial base, increasing automotive demand especially in the major regional economies such as India and China in the region.
This report segments battery market on the basis of battery type, Power systems, application and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of material this report on battery market is segmented as follows, covering all major material types as follows: Lead acid battery, Lithium-ion battery, Lithium-metal battery, Nickel cadmium battery and Nickel metal battery
- On the basis of power systems this report on battery market is segmented as follows, covering all major power systems types as follows: Fuel cell batteries, Proton exchange membrane fuel cells, Alkaline fuel cells, Phosphoric acid fuel cells, Solid oxide fuel cells, Molten carbonate fuel cells, Air cells, Flywheel energy storage and Nuclear batteries
- On the basis of applications this report on battery market is segmented as follows, covering all major applications as follows: Automotive battery control, Traction marine and aviation battery control, Portable product battery control, Stationary battery control, On-road electric vehicle battery control, Industrial applications and Others
- This report on battery has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- Hitachi Maxell Corp.
- Exide Corp.
- American Battery Charging Inc.
- Honda Inc.
- China Bak Battery, Inc.