Polyvinylidene fluoride, also known as polyvinylidene difluoride (PVDF) is a pure thermoplastic and highly non-reactive fluoropolymer. Polyvinylidene fluoride is a specialty plastic material which is produced by the polymerization of vinylidene difluoride. Globally, rising demand for lithium-ion batteries, coatings, and photovoltaic films, growing building & construction industries, flourishing oil & gas industry, and advantageous properties of polyvinylidene fluoride such as, high resistance, strength and purity to solvents, bases, acids and heat are the prime growth drivers of global polyvinylidene fluoride market. In addition, increase in adoption of polyvinylidene fluoride for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global polyvinylidene fluoride market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, and availability of substitute compounds are the key restraints for global polyvinylidene fluoride market.
Geographically North America dominated global polyvinylidene fluoride market. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing oil & gas industry, rise in infrastructural activities, and growing demand for lithium-ion batteries, and photovoltaic films, in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the end-user, chemical processing industry has the highest market share of approximately 40% in global polyvinylidene fluoride market. Coatings is the market leader among all applications of polyvinylidene fluoride, owing to its higher usage in construction, energy, chemical processing, and oil & gas industry.
This report identifies the global polyvinylidene fluoride market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global polyvinylidene fluoride market.
This report segments global polyvinylidene fluoride market on the basis of application, end-user, and regional market as follows:
- Polyvinylidene Fluoride Market, By Application: Pipes, Coatings, Fittings, Sheets, Films, Tubes, Powder, Membranes, & Cables
- The report has focused study on polyvinylidene fluoride market by basis of end-user such as: Chemical Processing, Construction, New Energies, and Oil & Gas, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the polyvinylidene fluoride market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Quadrant Engineering Plastics Products Inc.
- Zhejiang Fotech International Co. Ltd.
- Zhuzhouhongda Polymer Materials Co. Ltd.
- Shanghai 3f New Materials Company Limited
- Shanghai Ofluorine Chemical Technology Co. Ltd
1. Polyvinylidene Fluoride Market – Market Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Polyvinylidene Fluoride Market– Market Forces
4.1.1. Rising demand for lithium-ion batteries, coatings, and photovoltaic films
4.1.2. Growing building & construction industries
4.2.1. Volatile prices and availability of raw material
4.3.1. Emerging economies
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Polyvinylidene Fluoride Market– Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life Cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers and Distributors
6. Polyvinylidene Fluoride Market, By Application
7. Polyvinylidene Fluoride Market, By End-User
7.1. Chemical Processing
7.3. New Energies
7.4. Oil & Gas
8. Polyvinylidene Fluoride Market, By Geography
8.1.7. Rest of Europe
8.2. Asia Pacific
8.2.4. South Korea
8.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3. North America
8.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
8.4.2. Rest of RoW
9. Polyvinylidene Fluoride – Market Entropy
9.2. Technological Developments
9.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
9.4. Supply- Contract
10. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
10.1. Quadrant Engineering Plastics Products Inc.
10.2. Zhejiang Fotech International Co. Ltd.
10.3. Zhuzhouhongda Polymer Materials Co. Ltd.
10.4. Shanghai 3f New Materials Company Limited
10.5. Shanghai Ofluorine Chemical Technology Co. Ltd
10.7. Daikin Industries Ltd.
10.8. Dyneon Gmbh
10.9. Kureha Corporation
10.10. Solvay S.A.
*More than 40 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
11.3. Research Methodology
11.5. Compilation of Expert Insights