Methyl tertiary butyl ether (MTBE)
is a colourless, volatile, flammable liquid produced by reacting isobutene with methanol in a liquid phase reactor in presence of ion exchange resin. Isobutylene is derived by further processing methyl tertiary butyl ether, which on further processing gives derivates such as methyl methacrylate (MMA), butyl rubber and polyisobutylene. Globally, rising demand for gasoline and gasoline additives in oil & gas and marine sectors, growing automotive industry across the globe, increasing demand for solvent in chemical industry, low cost and effectiveness, and advantageous properties of methyl tertiary butyl ether are the prime growth drivers of global methyl tertiary butyl ether market. In addition, increase in adoption of methyl tertiary butyl ether for application in newer industrial vertical, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for global methyl tertiary butyl ether market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, availability of substitute compounds, health and environmental issues related with methyl tertiary butyl ether, stringent government regulations and emergence biofuels in European Union and the U.S. are the key restraints for global methyl tertiary butyl ether market.
Geographically Asia Pacific dominated global methyl tertiary butyl ether market,
followed by North America. Asia Pacific is projected to have fastest growth, owing to rapidly increasing automobile industry, and growing pharmaceutical in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. India, China, are the major contributors of Asia Pacific methyl tertiary butyl ether market. Among all the end-user, automotive has the highest market share in global methyl tertiary butyl ether market.
This report identifies the global methyl tertiary butyl ether market size in for the year 2014-2016, and forecast of the same for year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to global methyl tertiary butyl ether market.This report segments global methyl tertiary butyl ether market on the basis of end-user, and regional market as follows:
- The report has focused study on methyl tertiary butyl ether market by basis of application such as: Automotive, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Electronics, Healthcare, Industrial Manufacturing, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the methyl tertiary butyl ether market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Emirates National Oil Company
- Panjin Hayen Industrial Group
- Petroliam Nasional Berhad (Petronas)
- Saudi Basic Industries Corporation (SABIC)
- Zhenhai Refining and Chemical