is an instrument used to measure the viscosity of a fluid by measuring the drag caused by relative motion of the fluid and a surface. Viscometers only measure under one flow condition. Globally, development of efficient and advanced technology, rising demand for energy needs, flourishing petroleum industry, increasing food and beverage industry and rising healthcare expenditure are the prime growth drivers of the viscometer market. In addition, an increase in adoption of viscometer for application in new industrial verticals, and emerging economies such as China, India and others, will create new opportunities for the viscometer market. However, volatile prices and availability of raw materials, lack of ability to measure multidirectional flow, and higher cost of viscometer are the key restraints for the viscometer market.
Geographically, Asia Pacific dominated the viscometer market, followed by North America. Asia Pacific is projected to have the fastest growth, owing to a rapidly increasing refining capacity additions due to growing fuel consumption, rise in industrial sector, and growing pharmaceutical, and healthcare expenditure in developing nations such as China, and India in this region. Among all the applications, petroleum segment has the highest market share in the viscometer market due to a spur in refining capacity, particularly in the Middle East and Asia Pacific. Vibration is the market leader among all technology of viscometer, owing to its suitability for continuous direct viscosity measurement in tanks and/or pipes.
This report identifies the viscometer market
size for the years 2014-2016, and forecast of the same till the year 2021. It also highlights the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, and other key aspects with respect to the viscometer market.This report segments the viscometer market on the basis of technology, application, and regional market as follows:
This report identifies all the major companies operating in the viscometer market. Some of the major companies’ profiles in detail are as follows:
- Viscometer Market, By Technology: Rotational, Torsional Oscillation, Vibration, Moving Piston, Coriolis, Dynamic Fluid Pressure, Acoustic Wave (Solid State), and Others
- The report has focused study on viscometer market by basis of application such as Petroleum, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Food and Beverages, and Others
- This report has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
- Brookfield Engineering Laboratories Inc.
- Brabender Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Endress+Hauser Consult AG
- Bartec and Vectron International, Inc.
- Orb Instruments, Inc.