Sputtering is an advanced physical vapour deposition technology that is mainly used to deposit very thin layers of 3-5 mm for wide variety of commercial and scientific purposes. This technology is mainly used into electronics and semiconductor manufacturing where coating layers plays an important role in the performance of the final products. Growing microelectronics industry and regulations over controlled hexavalent chrome (cr6) emission is expected to act as a key growth driver during the period of study.
This report identifies the sputter coating market size in for the year 2015-2017, and forecast of the same for year 2022. It also highlights the potential growth opportunities in the coming years, while also reviewing the market drivers, restraints, growth indicators, challenges, market dynamics, competitive landscape, and other key aspects with respect to sputter coating market.
Geographically Asia-Pacific dominated sputter coating market due to presence of the some of the largest microelectronics, automotive and electronics manufacturers in the region. Also, growing demand for microelectronics, automotive, Photovoltaic cells resulting into higher production is expected to make Asia-Pacific fastest growing region during the period of study. Asia-Pacific was followed by North America and Europe as the second and third largest markets for sputter coating in 2015.
This report segments sputter coating market on the basis of substrate, target material, applications and regional market as follows:
- On the basis of target material this report on sputter coating market is segmented as follows, covering all major target material used in the sputter coating as follows: pure materials ,alloy, and compounds
- On the basis of substrate this report on sputter coating market is segmented as follows, covering all major substrates used in the sputter coating as follows: metals & dielectric, insulators, semiconductor
- This report on sputter coatings also covers in detail various applications of sputter coatings, some of the major applications covered in the report are Automotive and Transportation, Architecture, Electronics, Defence & Security, Energy, Medical, Optical Coating, Tribological Coating, Decorative Coating, and Others
- This report on sputter coating has been further segmented into major regions, which includes detailed analysis of each region such as: North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific (APAC), and Rest of the World (RoW) covering all the major country level markets in each of the region
Sample Companies Profiled in this Report are:
- JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation
- Tosoh Smd Inc.
- Hitachi Metals, Ltd.
- Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co., Ltd
- Paxair Surface Technologies
1. Sputter Coating Market – Overview
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Landscape
3.1. Market Share Analysis
3.2. Comparative Analysis
3.3. Product Benchmarking
3.4. End User Profiling
3.5. Top 5 Financials Analysis
4. Sputter Coating Market– Market Forces
4.1.1. Growing demand for glass coating
4.1.2. Environment regulations over Cr16
4.1.3. Growing LED and Microelectronics market
4.2.1. Capital intensive process
4.2.2. Lack of skilled work force
4.3.1. Potential Market in the Medical Industry
4.3.2. Growing global demand for photovoltaic cells
4.4.1. Handling and fabrication challenges
4.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1. Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2. Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3. Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4. Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5. Degree of Competition
5. Sputter Coating Market – Strategic Analysis
5.1. Value Chain Analysis
5.2. Pricing Analysis
5.3. Opportunities Analysis
5.4. Product/Market Life cycle Analysis
5.5. Suppliers & Distributors
6. Sputter Coating Market, By Target Material
6.1. Pure Material
7. Sputter Coating Market, By Substrate
7.1. Metals & Dielectrics
8. Sputter Coating Market, By Application
8.1. Automotive & Transportation
8.4. Defense and Security
8.8. Optical Coating
8.9. Tribological Coating
8.10. Decorative Coating
9. Sputter Coating Market, By Geography
9.1.7. Rest of Europe
9.2. Asia Pacific
9.2.4. South Korea
9.2.5. Rest of Asia-Pacific
9.3. North America
9.4. Rest of the World (RoW)
9.4.1. Middle East
9.4.2. South America
10. Sputter Coating – Market Entropy
10.2. Technological Developments
10.3. Merger & Acquisitions, and Joint Ventures
10.4. Supply- Contract
11. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials, SWOT Analysis, Developments, Product Portfolio)
11.1. JX Nippon Mining & Metals Corporation
11.2. Tosoh Smd Inc.
11.3. Hitachi Metals, Ltd.
11.4. Mitsui Mining & Smelting Co., Ltd
11.5. Paxair Surface Technologies
11.6. Intevac Inc.
11.7. Mitsubishi Materials Corporation
11.8. Umicore Group
11.9. Ulvac Inc.
11.10. Heraeus Deutschland GmbH & Co. Kg
11.12. Treibacher Industries AG
*More than 30 Companies are profiled in this Research Report, Complete List available on Request*
"*Financials would be provided on a best efforts basis for private companies"
12.3. Research Methodology
12.5. Compilation of Expert Insights