Contribution of Fracking Industry in the Artificial Lift Systems Market Growth.
Over the past few years, techniques such as Hydraulic Fracking have led to rise in deployment of horizontal wells. Artificial lift systems are increasingly being used to draw crude oil/ gas from horizontal wells.
The major forms of artificial lift include:
- Beam Pumping
- Electrical submersible pumping
- Gas lift and intermittent gas lift
- Reciprocating and jet hydraulic pumping
- Plunger lift
- Progressive cavity pumps
Beam Pumping also called as Sucker-rod pumping is most widely used type of artificial lift system for onshore O&G applications. More than half of worldwide oil wells use beam pumping mechanism. Simple system design, ability to operate at very low pressure, flexibility, ability to lift high-temperature & viscous oils and can also be applied to slime holes & multiple completions amongst others are the major advantages of beam pumping. However, beam pumping method is not the preferred type of pumping for offshore applications as they are quite bulky and heavy.
Beam Pumping method is followed by Gas Lift method as this method can handle rates from 10 bpd to 80,000 bpd. Gas Lift method can handle large volume of solids. This method is fairly flexible and is unobtrusive. This method can be applied to offshore oil wells unlike beam pumping.
Companies such as Baker Hughes Inc., General Electric Co., Schlumberger Ltd., Weatherford International Ltd., Dover Corporation and Cameron International Corporation amongst others are the major players in this industry.
- Control Valves Market By Valve Body (Linear Motion Valve, Rotary Valve) By Valve End Connection (Screwed Pipe Threads) By Leakage (Seat Leakage, Valve Leakage) By End User Application (Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Fertilizer, Others)-Forecast (2015-2020). http://industryarc.com/Report/10625/control-valves-market.html
- Process Automation Market (2013 - 2018): By Type (PLC, SCADA, Valves, Transmitters, MES); By Industry (Chemical, Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, F&B, Paper, Automotive). http://industryarc.com/Report/122/Global-Process-Automation-Market.html