Storefront Glass Market is anticipated to hit $1.12 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 5.70%
APAC held the largest market share and highest growth rate in the Storefront Glass Market
Asia Pacific region holds the largest market share and growth in the Storefront Glass Market, and is anticipated to reach $645.6 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.70%. The growing demand from commercial applications in the APAC region results in strong demand for storefront glass market. Also, innovation in glass products (such as Low-E insulating glass for doors and windows), and exponentially growing population are the factors that escalate the growth in the Urban areas as well as commercial Sector of the world, notably in China and India. The key applications in this region include Storefront doors and Storefront windows.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
- Primary Glass manufacturers (PGM): Value chain of storefront glass initially starts from procuring raw material that include sand, silicon dioxide, cullet and others from various suppliers to produce flat glass. The different raw materials used and their processing charges adds value to the end product.
- Coaters: Coaters generally buy flat glass from PGMs and uses high technology sputter process to apply a thin or multi-layer coating to the surface of the glass. It is generally required for special purposes like bullet proofing which needs to be further processed. Bullet proofing or laminated glass manufacturing process involves combination of two or three types of glass. Clear glass, for instance, can be used directly in storefront system without any further process.
- Fabricator: Fabricators receive flat glass from PGMs that they cut, temper, and heat strengthen, laminate, and fabricate it to obtain the desired glass. For commercial building purposes, the flat glass is directly fabricated into insulated glass units (IG).
- Window Manufacturers: Window manufacturers get material directly from PGMs, and manufacture storefront systems with their own frames such as aluminum, wood, vinyl, or wood. They can also manufacture frames with the combination of two or three material types.
- Frame suppliers: Glazing contractors obtain frames from frame suppliers. They supply framing systems for curtain walls, overhead glazing and punched openings. They are involved only into supplying frames but not manufacturing.
- Glazing contractors: Glazing contractors are responsible for glass installation purposes in storefronts, window, door and others. Glazing contractors generally procure glass either from local fabricators or coaters or from PGMs on large projects.
- End users: The key end users involved in the storefront glass market are commercial, institutions, residential and others which uses storefront glass in making for various purposes like, doors, etc.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- The factors that drive the Storefront Glass market include weather-related threats, such as hurricanes and tornados as well as security concerns alongside rising income, discretionary spending levels, and standard of living among others.
- Insulated glass dominates the market with a share of 39%, and generating revenue of $285.7 million in 2015. It is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.6% to reach $400.1 million by 2021.
- The natural gas price is the key driver for storefront glass industry as it is the most dominating fuel in the production process.
- Innovation in glass products such as low-e coating is driving the storefront glass market. Countries like China, India and the U.S. contribute major share for growing demand. With these key driving factors, the market is estimated to reach $1018 million by 2021.
- The chief drivers of storefront glass are evolution in retail and construction industries. Moreover, rising demand of energy efficient glasses has invigorated OEMs to shift to insulated glazing from single glazing units.
- Storefront glass price is estimated to reach $323 per Ton by 2021.
- The doors segment is estimated to grow at a high CAGR of 4.3% to reach $625.9 million by 2021.
- Electrochromic Glass Market: By Thin Film Market (ITO, Nanomaterial, WO3); By Transparent Conductor (SnO2, ZnO, AZO); By Application (Automotive, Commercial, Residential, Aerospace) - Forecast (2017 - 2022)
- Fire Resistant Glass Market: By Type (Wired, Ceramic, Laminated and Tempered), By Application (Building & Construction, Defense And Others) & By Geography - Forecast(2018 - 2023)