Warehouse Robotics Market is anticipated to hit $1.03 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.8%
Europe region holds the largest market share in the Warehouse Robotics Market and is anticipated to reach $383.35 billion by 2023 at a CAGR of 6.5%. However, APAC witnesses highest growth during the forecast period and is expected to reach $289.4 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 7.1% The key drivers of Europe Warehouse Robotics Market are the increasing importance in automation sector in order to resurrect the economy along with ageing workforce. The key applications in this region include manufacturing, food and beverage, and retail distribution among others.
Selected Value Chain Analysis done in the full report
The robots intended for use in warehouses are initially being researched extensively for end-user functions: receiving, palletizing, de-palletizing, retrieving and transportation. A simulation for a robot is carried out using CAD software. Once this process is done, the specifications for robots are laid for both raw materials and components. The raw materials are required to construct the basic architecture of the robot to withhold electrical and mechanical components. The electrical components including processors, sensors, communication modules, actuators and many others acquired through a plethora of component suppliers while mechanical components such as screws, bolts, arm manipulators or grippers and many other are also obtained via a network of suppliers. After the acquisition of necessary components, the integrators assimilate the components into the robotic structure and simultaneously test it for optimum performance. The successive step includes the distribution of finished robots. either through a third party distributor or the distribution network owned by the robotic integrators. The final step consists of utilization of robots in the end-user industry, which in this case is applicable for warehouse or distribution centers.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Rising labor costs amidst the ageing workforce, particularly in developed economies including North America and Western Europe, has boosted the installation of material handling systems market in warehouses.
- Use of fixed robots is more in warehouses as they are more feasible for the warehouse applications. The market for these will be growing more rapidly compared to the mobile robots.
- The robotics market will be growing for various applications. The revenue earned by the sale of fixed robots for warehousing is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% and will have revenue of $690.3 million by 2020.
- As the retail Food and Beverage is the major patron for these robots, the revenue earned from it will be maximum, which can be around $179.9 million in the year 2020. The CAGR for revenue earning from this industry is projected to be 6.9%.
- The retail distribution center having CAGR of 6.7% estimation can give revenue of $161.5 million by 2020.
- Robot shipments in Europe are estimated to grow at CAGR 7.0% and ship around 3,976 robots by 2020.
- Increasing investments in research and development of mobile robots by major robots manufacturers, especially in warehouse mobile robots. This growth will be witnessed due to increasing demand for efficiency in the process improvements such as reduction in time, operational costs and accuracy in warehouse functions.
- Retail Distribution Centers have sought more interest in warehouse mobile robots in order to decrease the errors, total cycle time of product delivery from receiving to shipping to end users. This will drive the Global Warehouse Mobile Robotics Revenue in Retail Distribution Centers.
Key players of Warehouse Robotics Market:
- SI Schaefer was leading the market in the global material handling systems with a dominant share of about 17%, followed by Daifuku and Dematic with 16% and 9% share, respectively. Murata Machinery and Vanderlande Industries occupied 6% market share each. The others section consist of some other prominent players including Beumer Group (Germany), Swisslog (Switzerland), Mecalux (Spain), Knapp AG (Austria), Fives Group (U.S.),Intelligrated(U.S.) and many others that in total held 46% of the total share in material handling systems market in 2013 across the globe.
- The automated guided vehicles for light loads have been compared for three suppliers: JBT Corporation, Swisslog and Daifuku.
- Some of the eminent companies covered in the section include ABB Robotics (Switzerland), Kuka AG (Germany), JBT Corporation (U.S.), Seegrid Corporation (U.S.), Swisslog Holding AG(Switzerland), Dematic Corporation (U.S.), Daifuku Co. Ltd. (Japan), Fanuc Corporation (Japan)and many others. All these companies have been profiled covering their business overview, products, financials and recent developments, thereby providing a holistic overview of the warehouse robotics market.
- Service Robotics Market: By Components (Sensors, Power Source, Control System, Actuators, Software and Others) & By Application (Personal Service Robots, Professional Service Robots) - Forecast(2018 - 2023)
- Oil and gas robotics Market: By Product (Remotely operated vehicles, Autonomous underwater vehicles, UAVs & Unmanned ground vehicles); By Application (Inspection, Monitoring & Surveillance) & By Component (Hardware & Software) - Forecast(2018 - 2023)