Printed Electronics Materials Market By Application is set to reach value of $54.52 billion by 2023 growing at a CAGR of 29.58% for the forecast 2018-2023.
European region is the leading market holder in Printed Electronic Devices and Materials Market. Growing innovation in techniques and technology is anticipated to maintain its dominance in future. Adoption of OLED, flexible batteries, electronic memory and other electronic devices will lead to ample of opportunities in printed and flexible electronic market. The European market is developing systems that use simple and low cost printed memories, targeting applications of smart packaging with main focus on high volume manufacturing. The potential of this electronic device will experience extensive growth in the coming years.
Selected Material analysis done in the full Report:
Printed and Flexible electronics IoT devices are utilized highly in various industries such as automotive, consumer electronics, retail, healthcare, defense, communications and others. The market consists of four types of materials such as conductors, substrates, dielectric & insulators, functional coatings and others. Among all, conductors are the leading segment for printed and flexible electronics market, generating revenue of $ 1461.6 million in the year 2017, and are anticipated to reach $7064.63 million by 2023. Research is being conducted to make this technology more easily adaptive and increase the application of conductive inks will drive in various segments. Dielectric and insulators is the second leading segment, growing at a CAGR of 27.03% to reach a value of $3690.04 million by 2023. The demand for electronic and electrical devices that work on solar energy has increased due to its functions like flexible, solvent resistant, resistant to temperature and ultraviolet curable coatings, helps create multiple layers. Substrate segment in the market was the second leading segment with value of $911 million in 2017, but since 2018 the market is expected to lose its position and will grow at a CAGR of 20.4% to reach value of $2780.620 million by 2023. Functional coating is expected to remain last in the material segment list, but expected to constantly hold its share.
Excerpts on Market Growth Factors
- Displays and touch devices propel the adoption of organic substrate in printed electronics market. Advancement in organic substrate technologies is enabling the extreme use of electronic modern technology, which will propel the 3D printed electronics device and materials market.
- Chemical company DuPont is developing latest OLED materials that can be utilized for making substrates in circuit printer electronics market. This OLED is adopted in television, displays, digital signage and many more.
- Wearable devices are a fast growing sector in the electronics industry, providing scope for innovation. Organic materials play a key role in increasing the utility of wearable devices while improving functionality and comfort of the users.
Key players of the Printed Electronics Device and Materials Market
Companies like Samsung, SEL, and Creator Technology have most of their filings on the display. LG, Nokia, Apple, Blackberry, Pantech, and Motorola have more patents on a device that uses a flexible display. There are several other companies in the race including Sony, Sharp, ITRI, Toshiba, Universal Display Corporation, Fujifilm, Kodak, AU Optronics, and Boe Technology. Several lighting and technology companies have their presence in OLED lighting including Philips/OLED Works, Osram, LG, Konica Minolta and others.
- Flexible Battery Market: By Technology (Thin-film Li-ion, Flexible Lithium Polymer, Printed, Curved & Paper Battery); By Chargeability (Chargeable, Non-Chargeable); By Application (Packaging, Smart Card & Wearable Electronics) & By Region - Forecast(2018 - 2023)
- Printed Circuit Board Market & Recyclable PCB Market: By Board Type (Rigid 1-2 Sided, Standard Multilayer, Rigid Flex, Others); By Patterning (Silk screen Printing, PCB Milling, Others); By Components (Capacitors, Diodes, Integrated Circuits, Others); By Materials Used (Copper, Iron, Tin, Others); By Application (Healthcare, Automotive, Industrial Electronic, Others) & By Geography - Forecast (2018-2023)