Biosimilars Market Overview
Biosimilars are the copied and licensed versions of the patent-expired reference biologics. Different regulatory bodies such as the EMA and FDA actively regulate the marketing and development of biosimilars. The increase in the prevalence of chronic diseases and the development of innovative Biosimilars with enhanced features present huge business opportunities for the Biosimilars market. The market has been segmented on the basis of product type, technology, and application. The global Biosimilars market is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 37.81% during the forecast period 2018–2023. North America is the fastest growing market with a CAGR of 52.36%, which can be mainly attributed to the increase in FDA approvals in this region.
Biosimilars Market Outlook
The global market for Biosimilars has been demonstrating a brisk growth in recent years owing to the increasing frequency of chronic diseases and technological development of Biosimilars with enhanced applications. Based on product type, Recombinant Glycosylated Protein will witness major growth as Glycosylation is one of the most promising methods among the chemical modification methods for proteins and the desired protein's molecular stability can be achieved through glycosylation. On the basis of technology, the monoclonal antibodies segment is poised to dominate the market, growing at a CAGR of 38.97% during the forecast period. Based on applications of Biosimilars, the oncology disease segment will record major growth during the forecast period 2018–2023.
Biosimilars Market Growth Drivers
The Market is largely driven by the growing awareness and low cost of biosimilars. The patent cliff of biologics is also one of the factors that is contributing to the growth of the market. Increased manufacturing capabilities and reduced R & D cost with a positive outcome in clinical trials are acting as a major booster to the market. Rising prevalence of chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes are also enhancing the market.
Biosimilars Market Challenges
Complex manufacturing processes, high cost of development, and limited obtainability of biosimilar products are responsible for hindering the growth of this market to a large extent. The safety and efficacy of products pose serious questions and could hinder the market growth to a certain extent.
Biosimilars Market Research Scope
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of biosimilars that will be used for various kind of treatment. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of Biosimilars product and their specific applications in different types of treatments.
Biosimilars Market Report: Industry Coverage
By Product Type: Recombinant Non-Glycosylated Proteins, Recombinant Glycosylated Proteins, and Peptides.
By Technology: Monoclonal Antibody Technology, Recombinant DNA Technology.
By Application: Blood Disorders, Oncology Diseases, Chronic and Autoimmune Diseases, Growth Hormone Deficiency and Others.
The Biosimilars market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- Europe: The U.K., France, Italy, Germany, Spain, Russia, , Rest of Europe
- APAC: China, Japan, India, Australia , South Korea, Taiwan, Rest of APAC
- RoW: South America, Middle East and Africa
Biosimilars Market Trends
- Rising prevalence of diabetes, anaemia, and other chronic diseases continues to rise. Thus, the demand for cost-effective biosimilar drugs to treat these conditions will continue to increase.
- Many companies are planning to invest in R&D towards the development of new and innovative Biosimilars. This will open up more opportunities for the Biosimilars market because of the patent expiration of biologics.
- People will be shifting towards Biosimilars because of the low cost associated with them. In the U.S.
- Healthcare spending is on the rise, and much of the increased expenditure is due to rising drug costs. Thus, it is more likely that people will search for alternatives, and Biosimilars seems to be a good option to them.
Key Questions Addressed in the Biosimilars Market Report
1. Is the Biosimilars market growing? How long will it continue to grow and at what rate?
2. Which type of Biosimilars presents the major growth opportunities?
3. Is there a possibility for change in the market structure over time?
4. Are additional developments needed for the existing product or services offerings or do the existing products meet the customer demands?
5. Do the key vendors look for partnerships to expand their businesses with respect to geography or product?
6. What is the current status of Biosimilars in different countries?
7. Which type of Biosimilars will witness heavy adoption in the near future?
8. What are the short-term, long-term, and medium-term growth drivers for the market?
9. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term challenges for the market?
10. What are the short-term, medium-term, and long-term opportunities for the market?
11. Who are the top players/companies of the market?
12. What are the recent innovations in the market?
13. How many patents have been filed by the leading players?
14. What are the types of patents filed by the leading players?
15. What is the futuristic scenario for the adoption of Biosimilars?
16. What is our Vision 2030 for the Biosimilars market?
A few focus points of this Research are given below:
- Give a deep-dive analysis of the key operational strategies with focus on the corporate structure, R&D strategies, localization strategies, production capabilities, and sales performance of various companies.
- Provide an overview of the product portfolio, including product planning, development, and positioning.
- Discuss the role of technology companies in partnerships.
- Explore the regional sales activities.
- Analyze the market size and giving the forecast for current and future global Biosimilars market during the forecast 2018–2023.
- Analyze the competitive factors, competitors’ market shares, product capabilities, and supply chain structures.
IndustryARC Research Best Practices
The Biosimilars market size is evaluated based on the number of products per organization type along with the varying price points pertaining to specific applications. These were identified as key informational conjectures for market estimation in 2017.
The Biosimilars market share is thoroughly checked against all data points that have been incorporated and rechecked against various data sources. Various C-level executives and key opinion leaders are contacted for verification of the data.
The Biosimilars market forecast and growth rate are achieved by applying the time series forecasting methodology on the various factors. The market forecast and growth rate are further backed with historical trends of the market along with a regressive mathematical model that assesses the value based on factors such as capital expenditure, equipment lifespan, R&D investments, and so on.
The Biosimilars market demand has been researched taking into account the prominent economies across the different geographic regions to understand their corresponding impact on the market.
The Biosimilars market drivers are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Biosimilars market challenges are evaluated for short-term, medium-term, and long-term based on the different market dynamics impacting the market.
The Biosimilars market trends have been analyzed taking into consideration the micro and macro trends prevalent in various geographies.
The Biosimilars market outlook provides a brief overview of the market performance and anticipated change in market dynamics.
The Biosimilars market analysis also involves the identification of new companies that have entered the market scenario and their impact on the market dynamics in the future.