The global Printed Circuit Board Market is estimated to reach $70 billion by 2024 growing at an estimated CAGR 2.5% during 2018 to 2024. Globally demand for Printed Circuit Board is expected to be driven by increase in the demand for advanced consumer electronics and smart devices, growing automation in industries, and technologically advanced health care devices. China is set to dominate the global PCB market with a value of share of 41% in 2017 and is projected to grow with highest CAGR of 3.2% during the forecast period 2018-2024. Industrial electronics held the major revenue in 2017 for PCB market with $ 23.3 billion in 2017 and is projected to grow with a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period.
What is Printed Circuit Board?
Printed circuit board is an electronic circuit used in electronic devices to provide mechanical support. PCB mechanically supports and electrically converts electronic components using conductive pathways, tracks, or signal traces etched from copper sheets laminated onto a non-conductive substrate. They are generally made of metal circuits, chips, ICs, sockets, cables, and plastic laminates. These are the elementary component for most of the electronics in the present scenario. PCBs are present in almost all electronic devices we use on a daily basis which include computers, TVs, smartphones, washing machines, coffee makers, ovens and refrigerators etc.
What are the major applications for Printed Circuit Board?
The various end users assessed include automotive, healthcare, industrial electronics, consumer electronics, maritime transport, aerospace & defense and others. PCB in healthcare is used in various devices which monitor health of a person or assist the doctor in surgical operations. On the other hand PCB in pharmaceutical industry used in manufacturing drugs and other medicines at industry level.
PCBA stands for printed circuit board assemblies and they are widely used in the automobile industry. PCB’s have managed to bring a change in the way people drive. GPS navigation system, anti-lock brake system, ECU systems that control engines and several safety and security features that all require PCB’s. Aerospace and defense sectors are one of the key consumers of PCB with major application avionics, communication systems, and weapon systems. PCB forms the necessary foundation for packaging and interconnecting in any electronic circuits. PCBs are used in radar signals which set up in military fighter aircraft such as collision avoidance, blind spot detection and adaptive and adaptive cruise control system
Market Research and Market Trends of Printed Circuit Board
- HDI(High Density Interconnect PCBs), one of the most promising growing technologies in PCBs, as they have a higher circuitry density than traditional circuit boards and also comprises of blind and/or buried vias and often contain microvias of .006 or less in diameter. By utilizing HDI technology, designers have multiple options to place one or more components on both sides of the raw PCB. Decreased component size and pitch allow for more I/O in smaller geometries allows faster transmission of signals and also results in significant reduction of signal loss and crossing delays.
- PCB Design tools in the past had isolated functional modules for Schematic Capture, PCB Layout, Signal Analysis, Thermal Analysis and Computer Aided Manufacturing. But today all these functionalities have been merged onto a single platform as system based design becomes evident.
- The traditional form of system development deals with PCB designing separately but the current aspects focus on an integrated approach. While PCB Design tools do not offer much growth potential but are directly correlated with the emergence of System Design Automation. PCB links the electronic and mechanical design of products which can be utilized for value creation for customers. Even if the market in itself does not provide high-growth opportunities, the up surge in challenges including wire harness design and package designs, the importance of PCB tools is going to become significant.
- The Internet of things (IoT) is providing new opportunities to the consumer electronics manufacturers. The amount of systems connected over internet has been expanded over the past decade. Wearable devices such as smart watches have witnessed tremendous growth. Wearable Devices incorporates flexible sensors and chips for comfortably confining into human body. This requires breakthrough designing and manufacturing technology, which will have great impact on the PCB market.
Who are the Major Players in Printed Circuit Board Market?
The companies referred in the market research report include the TTM Technologies, Nan Ya PCB, Young Poong, SEMCO, CMK and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.