Fluroelastomers are a class of synthetic rubber which have helped to overcome the problems faced by conventional rubber. The market for global fluoroelastomers was $1380.85m in 2017 and is anticipated to rise at a CAGR OF 4% during the forecast period. Fluoroelastomers have been used in Automotive, chemicals, aerospace and manufacturing industries. However, automotive industry dominates the use of fluorelastomers which is valued to be $522 million. Fluoroelastomer’s excellent chemical and oil resistant properties have propelled its use in chemical and oil industries. The stringent regulations set up by the government authorities over the emission of toxic gases has led to the increase in the use of fluroelastomers which is playing an important role in the growth of market.
What is Fluoroelastomer?
Fluoroelastomer is a class of synthetic rubber which has a wide range of applications. These elastomers have been widely used as they have high reliability, less maintenance and undergo minimum change to environmental conditions. Fluoroelastomers are highly resistant to high temperature, heat and chemical changes. Several properties of fluoroelastomers like low gas absorption rate, compression and ozone resistance have been explored and are being used in various industries such as petrochemical, aerospace, automotive, pharmaceutical and food processing. Higher the percentage of fluorine in the elastomer, greater is its resistance to swell and degradation.
This report incorporates an in-depth assessment of fluoroelastomers market by type, industry and geography.
What are the major applications of Fluoroelastomer?
Fluroelastomers are used where extreme temperature ranges and chemical attack are encountered. Fluroelastomers are also known for their mechanical and sealing properties and hence are being used in food processing, pharmaceutical industries and chemical industries. Fluroelastomers also provide long term durability even when exposed to corrosive chemicals and thus are widely used in chemical as well as aerospace industries.
Fluoroelastomers are commonly used in fuel systems because it acts as a barrier against evaporative emission, permeation resistance and long term durability. Fluoroelastomers are resistant to fluids such as gear lubricants, transmission fluids and engine oils and thus are used in automotive industries.
Market Research and Market Trends of Fluoroelastometers
- As there is a rise in the demand for fluoroelastomers due to stringent emission standards in Europe and Africa, Chemours is extending an agreement for the distribution of fluoroelastomers with Safic – Alcan which would act as a boon to the automotive industries.
- In 2017, AGC Chemicals Americas Inc. formulated ‘AFLAS’ resins from alternating polymers of tetrafluoroethylene and propylene to achieve unique properties over a conventional fluoroelastomers. These properties also include outstanding resistance to heat, chemicals, fuels, acids, bases, solvents, ozone and steam. AFLAS are being manufactured by several other companies as well.
- Pelseal Technologies, LLC introduced Pelseal A1104, an AFLAS Fluoroelastomer caulk that can be used in industries which involve the use of high pH compounds as it is designed to resist alkalis, amines, strong bases and other high pH chemicals. The caulk is suited for use in industries such as oil and gas, paper processing, food and beverage wash-down areas, and general chemical processing.
- The semiconductor industry has received much attention in the use of Perfluroelastomer which are critical for maintaining an airtight seal for many different processes in plasma, thermal and wet manufacturing applications because of their high temperature capabilities, low contamination and chemical resistance when compared to any other elastomers.
Who are the Major Players in Fluoroelastomers market?
The key companies operating in the fluoroelastomers market are Asahi Glass Co. (Japan), Daikin Industries (Japan), DuPont (US), Gujarat Fluorochemicals Limited (India), Halo Polymer OJSC (Russia), Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. (Japan), Solvay (Belgium), Chemours (US), and 3M (US).
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.