New packaging trends for flexible packaging in food and pharmaceutical industry is the major driving factor that constantly increasing the demand for packaging adhesive market. Further, demand for safe food in the emerging middle class economies along with the growing population all over the world is increasing the importance of packaging industry The total market for paints and coatings in Europe was $150 billion in 2017 and is estimated grow with CAGR of 5.8% during the forecast period 2018 to 2023.
What is Packaging Adhesives?
The packaging industry is one of the major markets for adhesive products. However, the applications are diverse with a wide spectrum of substrates and types of adhesive used. Some uses include combination of several differing materials to form the basic packaging composite. This may also involve coatings and print layers. These processes may often involve high speed application methods where rapid bonding is required. In later stages adhesives will be used to close the package after contents filling.
Packaging materials are supplied to diverse industries such as heavy duty wrappings for engineering to food and medical packs.
What are the major applications of Packaging Adhesives?
The various end users assessed include Paper Converting, Film & Foil Converting, End of line bonding, Container labeling, Carton Closing, Sealing, Pallet Stabilization, Laminating and many others
Market Research and Market Trends of Packaging Adhesives
- Recyclability of Flexible Packaging
- Flexible packaging is one of the applications of packaging adhesives which comes with huge number of advantages compared to various other packaging types. Currently, enhanced recyclability and bio-degradability of the flexible packaging is increasing the demand towards the adhesives.
- Ecommerce Demands Advanced Adhesives due to changed consumption patterns
- The growing ecommerce business is providing great and new opportunities to the packaging adhesives. Furthermore, the demand for packaging material and adhesives is growing due to increasing number of distribution channels. The increasing need for abuse-resistant films and film adhesives which protects products switching from rigid to flexible packaging are in turn increasing the demand for packaging adhesives in the market.
- Increasing population and demand from brewery industry
- Water based adhesives are ideal for brewery industry as they have high resistance to condensation and ice water. Moreover, they also allow the label to be easily removed during the bottle recycling processes. Companies such as H.B. Fuller and few others are fully equipped to provide solutions to each brewery with regards to their specific challenges. Furthermore, these solutions redirect the continent’s customers’ environmentally-conscious attitudes, demonstrated by the amount of box manufacturers who are using more renewable and biodegradable materials.
Who are the Major Players in Packaging Adhesives Market?
The companies referred in the market research report include the 3M Company, Ashlands, H.B. Fuller, Henkel, Hunstman Corporation and others.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2024.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.