Polyurethane Elastomers Market Research Scope:
The base year of the study is 2017, with forecast done up to 2023. The study presents a thorough analysis of the competitive landscape, taking into account the market shares of the leading companies. It also provides information on unit shipments. These provide the key market participants with the necessary business intelligence and help them understand the future of the Polyurethane Elastomers Market. The assessment includes the forecast, an overview of the competitive structure, the market shares of the competitors, as well as the market trends, market demands, market drivers, market challenges, and product analysis. The market drivers and restraints have been assessed to fathom their impact over the forecast period. This report further identifies the key opportunities for growth while also detailing the key challenges and possible threats. The key areas of focus include the types of plastics in the electric vehicle market, and their specific applications in different types of vehicles.
Polyurethane Elastomers (SAP) Market Report: Industry Coverage
Polyurethane Elastomers Market– By Type: Liquids: Prepolymers, One-Shot Systems; Thermoplastic Elastomer, Millable Rubber and others.
Polyurethane Elastomers Market– By Processing Methods: Casting, Thermosetting, Calendering, Molding, Melt Processing, Extrusion, Spreading, Solution Techniques and others.
Polyurethane Elastomers Market– By Raw Material: Isocyanates, Polyols and Curatives.
Polyurethane Elastomers Market– By Additives: Pigments, Flame Retardants, Smoke Retardants, Fillers, Degassing Aids, Plasticizers, Catalysts, Antioxidants/ UV Stabilizers, Anti-static Agents and others.
Polyurethane Elastomers Market– By Applications: Wires and Cables, Conveyor belt, Rollers, Tires, Seals, Sprockets, Shock Absorbers, Bumpers, Insulation, Blocks, Tubes, Films and Screens, Artificial Leather, Technical Parts and others.
Polyurethane Elastomers Market – By End User Industry: Automotive Industry, Food and Beverage Industry, Packaging Industry, Aerospace and Aviation Industry, Manufacturing Industries, Construction industry, Fashion and Footwear Industry, Electronics and Electrical Industry, Oil and Gas Industry and others.
The Polyurethane Elastomers Market report also analyzes the major geographic regions for the market as well as the major countries for the market in these regions. The regions and countries covered in the study include:
- North America: The U.S., Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Ecuador, Peru, Colombia, Costa Rica
- Europe: The U.K., Germany, Italy, France, The Netherlands, Belgium, Spain, Denmark
- APAC: China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Hong Kong
- Middle East and Africa: Israel, South Africa, Saudi Arabia
Polyurethane Elastomers Market Key Players Perspective:
Some of the Key players in this market that have been studied for this report include: Covestro, BASF, Dow DuPont, Huntsman Corporation, Chemtura, American Urethanes, Sinopec, Lyondellbasell industries, Galagher corp., Argonics and many more.
Market Research and Market Trends of Polyurethane Elastomers Market
- Key players in the market are expanding their polyurethane production capacities such as BASF and COIM so as to maintain supply for the growing demand for polyurethane elastomers and polyurethane material in general.
- 4, 4-methylenebis 2-chloroaniline, also known as MOCA, is one the widely used curatives in the processing of polyurethane elastomers. Due to actions taken by the REACH regulatory body in the EU, MOCA has been put under a strict ban due to its toxic nature and its link to cancer. This has led to the slow phase out of MOCA and innovative solutions for alternative curing agents.
- Another increasing trend that is seen in the market is the increase in production of polyurethane from bio-based raw material rather than crude oil based chemicals due to the volatility of crude oil price. This reduces the dependency from crude oil prices thus providing renewable and alternative sources for the production of polyurethane while at the same time reducing the impact on pollution as well.