Digital orthodontics is the blend of conventional orthodontic procedures with digital technology. The global digital orthodontics market that includes intraoral scanners, intraoral cameras and 3D printers is $2.2B in 2017 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 18% during the forecast period 2018-2023. By region North America is projected to hold the highest market share in the coming years.
What is digital orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a part of the density which involves treatment of irregular teeth and positioning them correctly. Digital orthodontics is an extension of the conventional orthodontic procedures with digital technology. Digital orthodontics has brought about a considerable change in the dental diagnosis and treatment procedures.
What are the major applications for digital orthodontics?
Orthodontists can benefit from being able to take fast and accurate digital impressions. These can be stored digitally and sent to their lab within minutes. This system means saving in time, saving on rent of storage space, material savings and digital accuracy in the appliances. Furthermore, orthodontists can use the digital impression for patient communication, as the model becomes instantly available.
Market Research and Market Trends of Digital orthodontics
- Stratasys a leading player in the industry is offering new opportunities to their orthodontic and dental customers. Digital Orthodontics is designed to develop accurate and precise replica of the oral anatomy so that improved oral care and productivity can be obtained.
- 3D printing dental models in the dental, offer at a fraction of the cost. With this dentists are replacing stone models with printed models, it's time to laser weld your appliances affordably, in your office and completely eliminate stone models.
- Orion Welders has partnered with Burton Randall for distribution of affordable laser products which will provide the next phase in digital orthodontics.
- Digital X-rays and digital impression treatment are on high demand as these are meeting the patient’s precise needs and desires. With digital impression doctor is able to scan the patients mouth which saves lot of time, and the impressions can even be sent digitally to then have proper aligning equipment made for the patient’s use.
Who are the Major Players in Digital orthodontics market?
The companies referred in the market research report includes 3M healthcare, Align technology Inc, stratasys ltd, Planmeca OY, Serona dental systems.
What is our report scope?
The report incorporates in-depth assessment of the competitive landscape, product market sizing, product benchmarking, market trends, product developments, financial analysis, strategic analysis and so on to gauge the impact forces and potential opportunities of the market. Apart from this the report also includes a study of major developments in the market such as product launches, agreements, acquisitions, collaborations, mergers and so on to comprehend the prevailing market dynamics at present and its impact during the forecast period 2018-2023.
All our reports are customizable to your company needs to a certain extent, we do provide 20 free consulting hours along with purchase of each report, and this will allow you to request any additional data to customize the report to your needs.
Key Takeaways from this Report
- Evaluate market potential through analyzing growth rates (CAGR %), Volume (Units) and Value ($M) data given at country level – for product types, end use applications and by different industry verticals.
- Understand the different dynamics influencing the market – key driving factors, challenges and hidden opportunities.
- Get in-depth insights on your competitor performance – market shares, strategies, financial benchmarking, product benchmarking, SWOT and more.
- Analyze the sales and distribution channels across key geographies to improve top-line revenues.
- Understand the industry supply chain with a deep-dive on the value augmentation at each step, in order to optimize value and bring efficiencies in your processes.
- Get a quick outlook on the market entropy – M&A’s, deals, partnerships, product launches of all key players for the past 4 years.
- Evaluate the supply-demand gaps, import-export statistics and regulatory landscape for more than top 20 countries globally for the market.